Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vacuum cleaner

• 16-02-2009 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy a good but not too expensive vacuum cleaner, the old one has just given up the ghost... so need to get one quickly! Should I hop up to N.Ireland or are there good prices to be had without the drive? Would like a strong suction (2000 watt) and bagless if poss, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I got one of these recently and would highly recommend.

I had bought a cheaper Russell Hobbs of similar design and the RH was a complete disaster and not a patch on the Dyson.

I don't think you will beat that price either, it's well over €300 in many outlets.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Try the Goblin it's a bargain at €37.55 from PowerCity. This is a great little vacuum, very light yet surprisingly powerful. It has metal tubes, 2 re-usable washable dust bags and 2 years guarantee. Also available in Dunnes for €45.
    • # GOBLIN VACUUM .
    • # 1400 WATT POWER .
    • # VARIABLE SPEED .
    • # CORD RE WIND .
    • # TUBE PARKING SPOT 2 YR PARTS AND LABOUR G/TEE .

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Do-more wrote: »
    I got one of these recently and would highly recommend.

I had bought a cheaper Russell Hobbs of similar design and the RH was a complete disaster and not a patch on the Dyson.

I don't think you will beat that price either, it's well over €300 in many outlets.
    That does seem a good price for the DC19, and 5 year warranty on Dyson's too.

Another consideration would be the Nilfisk Action for around €90-€100, with 2yr warranty.

Personally, I prefer my Henry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

If you're down the country like me, the power city offer isn't quite as good - delivery was very steep. I got the DC19 from the did electrical website for just under 250 delivered nationwide, took about a week to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

The Miele vacuums are supposed to be really good. In a Which report/survey in the UK last year the top 4 vacuums were all Miele (out of about 50) . Other cheaper non Miele ones in the top 10 or 15 were Bosch (about 120 euro ) Did better than all the Dysons.
    http://www.electricshopping.ie/shop/en-ie/electric-shopping/home-garden/vacuum-cleaners/cylinder/bosch-bsg62400gb-cylinder-vacuum-cleaner-pro-series/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Ogham wrote: »
    The Miele vacuums are supposed to be really good. In a Which report/survey in the UK last year the top 4 vacuums were all Miele (out of about 50) . Other cheaper non Miele ones in the top 10 or 15 were Bosch (about 120 euro ) Did better than all the Dysons.
    http://www.electricshopping.ie/shop/en-ie/electric-shopping/home-garden/vacuum-cleaners/cylinder/bosch-bsg62400gb-cylinder-vacuum-cleaner-pro-series/index.html

While my mother swears by miele, two people I knew blew out the motor in theirs over the last year. Granted, one of them dropped it down the stairs first.. but the other replaced hers with a dyson and says it's much better.

Advertisement