Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISO10030...Information design

Options
  • 16-02-2009 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey just wondering if anyone has done this module before. Its my elective this year and the assignment we do is worth 70%. Wondering if anyone knows what the assignment entails? Weve been told nothing yet!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I did this before. My assessment was to compile a project on a 6 page extract from a Dublin City Council proposal for a play ground or something and was around the 3,000 word mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

god that was a load of rubbish - i remember carving words out of nowhere to meet the 3000 word mark!

You analyze the design of the document under headers such as 'Colour', 'layout', 'Images'. The stupidest and most pointless assignment i have done since fingerpainting in senior infants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

god that was a load of rubbish - i remember carving words out of nowhere to meet the 3000 word mark!

You analyze the design of the document under headers such as 'Colour', 'layout', 'Images'. The stupidest and most pointless assignment i have done since fingerpainting in senior infants.

ughhh totally not looking forward to this now....just hope Info Studies picks up a bit in 2nd year cause im doing my degree in it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

kev_s88 wrote: »
    ughhh totally not looking forward to this now....just hope Info Studies picks up a bit in 2nd year cause im doing my degree in it :D

I'm doing a joint degree of Info Studies and Comp Sci.
    Information Studies are without a doubt the easiest modules you'll ever do in UCD. So much of it is just common sense. You can nearly just blag your way through the exam.
    A small bit of work will see you get high marks in all those modules.
    Only semi-annoying one I've had so far was IS20050 - Human Information Behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BG2

alysonay wrote: »
    Hey just wondering if anyone has done this module before. Its my elective this year and the assignment we do is worth 70%. Wondering if anyone knows what the assignment entails? Weve been told nothing yet!

Told nothing? There's been over four weeks of lectures and labs as well as an extremely detailed that can't be any clearer list of what you have to do for the assignment available on blackboard. Tutorials start in a couple of weeks too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 alysonay

BG2 wrote: »
    Told nothing? There's been over four weeks of lectures and labs as well as an extremely detailed that can't be any clearer list of what you have to do for the assignment available on blackboard. Tutorials start in a couple of weeks too.

You must be thinking of the wrong module...there are no labs, we have already had 2 tutorials, and there is no list of any form on the assignments on blackboard or anywhere! Thanks to the rest of you tho, have a better idea now!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BG2

alysonay wrote: »
    You must be thinking of the wrong module...there are no labs, we have already had 2 tutorials, and there is no list of any form on the assignments on blackboard or anywhere! Thanks to the rest of you tho, have a better idea now!

Ah first year info design. Im talking about second year info design and desktop publishing. Its the follow up. I was very confused when I read you didnt know what was going on as lecturer is so clear!

But yeah Forster is a little less so...its one of those that just kind of comes together more so at the end.

Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'm doing a joint degree of Info Studies and Comp Sci.
    Information Studies are without a doubt the easiest modules you'll ever do in UCD. So much of it is just common sense. You can nearly just blag your way through the exam.
    A small bit of work will see you get high marks in all those modules.
    Only semi-annoying one I've had so far was IS20050 - Human Information Behaviour.

Yup, my grades have actually gotten progressively better with the minimum of effort put in.

But I'd be cautious of saying that it's a doddle. SILS is one of those schools that are cute enough to mark you badly if you don't talk their language. In other words, you can blag, but you have to blag using the Information Studies lingo.:pac:

Advertisement