Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox live renewal free/cheap

• 16-02-2009 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

my free month of gold is about to run out...
    playin online is brilliant but theres no way im paying for it...
    I purchased the box and i pay big money for the games so not a chance will i play for a yrs subscription..espcially seen as xbox compeditor doesn't do this..
    by rights every1 should refuse to pay...and watch microsoft scorm:D
    someone for got to tell them its a recession:D

😎

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Its not alot to pay for xbox live tbh. Its the price of one game and you get hundreds even thousands of hours for some people out of it. You might get 15 hours out of a normal single player game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭poker--addict

ya very true...its just the principle that it shud be free..playstation dont charge you....yes playstation is more expensive,but its newer..and xbox was expensive..and by the time most people pay for xbox live once or twice and buy a wireless adaptor then it costs the same..

its like paying a charge on phone credit...why pay when its free in the shop next door..myt be just a 25cents but its 25cents less next door.:confused:

😎

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

You can get it for less than half price by buying a card through eBay or different websites due to differences in the RRP in different countries. Well worth it for £30 or so.

€59.99, maybe not so worth it unless you use it lots. And if you buy it straight through the console with a CC, they automatically charge you each year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

ya very true...its just the principle that it shud be free..playstation dont charge

Its a pointless conversation. If microsoft weren't making money from the downloads, live subscriptions, and the mark-ups on peripherals, the xbox itself would probably be as expensive as the PS3.

Thats their business model. You're not getting ripped off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

If you go to ebay you can get it pretty cheap and €30 for 13 months isn't that bad in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

if you dont care about gamerscore, you could just make a new email address and live account every month for the free gold trials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

mawk wrote: »
    if you dont care about gamerscore, you could just make a new email address and live account every month for the free gold trials

You can only do this a max of 4 times on the one console.

IMO its well worth paying €35 for 13 months of Live. If people think its too expensive then maybe they should have paid €100-€150 more for a PS3.

Doesn't the Playstation Network crash a lot though? I don't know all that much about PS3 but i remember all my friends whinging about not being able to play GTA IV online when it came out, but 360 had no problem?

Not fully sure how accurate that is, but that's what i (vaguely) remember hearing.

13 Months can be gotten (practically instantly) here:

http://buylivecodes.com/

For £30 (which is less than €40, and shops charge €60 for 12 months). Up to yourself if you don't feel like paying for it though. I don't think you're going to make much of a dent in Microsoft's wallet. Personally, i was quite surprised at how cheap i thought it was (€60) when i first looked into getting it. Plus the games marketplace is great (a little over priced, but still good fun).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭poker--addict

nice idea to buy it in pounds lads:pac::pac:

😎

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Tried buying a code off http://buylivecodes.com/ and 4 hours later still no code.

Hate this waiting game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Tried buying a code off http://buylivecodes.com/ and 4 hours later still no code.

Hate this waiting game.

Maybe we should have a sticky where we list the sites like this and rate them for others to know (ie bad, good, oerfect etc)

Got it there at 18:30. The "instant email" only took 5 hours. :rolleyes:

Still decent service - assuming this code works when I get home.

EDIT - applied online through xbox.com/live and it was accepted no bother. Paid up to May 2010 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Still decent service - assuming this code works when I get home.

EDIT - applied online through xbox.com/live and it was accepted no bother. Paid up to May 2010 now.

Didnt see the ninja like edit there cool :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

hey all, I'm selling 12 months live subs for €30 over on adverts.ie

I bought one month off them before, and went to bed. Had the email in the morning.

Literally minutes ago i purchased 13 months (mine expired today) so cheers for the post. Lets me know there's no point waiting on it today. Still beats going out and buying and getting wet/cold and paying twice the price.:)

hey all, I'm selling 12 months live subs for €30 over on adverts.ie
    Nice timing. :rolleyes:

Ah what the fcuk!?

I just got a refund off buylivecodes (or instantlivecodes as the email says) and it says:

Note from Merchant: we do not send to ireland sorry.

What's up with that? I bought one off them before, and someone in this thread did, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

try lord spencer up above.....I have heard him being reccomended on here before

IMO €30-33 for 13 months is not a lot for the xbox live service which is much better and much more populated than the PSN....

neacy69 wrote: »
    try lord spencer up above.....I have heard him being reccomended on here before

IMO €30-33 for 13 months is not a lot for the xbox live service which is much better and much more populated than the PSN....

I sent him a PM/Posted on his adverts thread. Hope to get back into it as soon as i can. My current account expired, so i need to renew it.

Ah what the fcuk!?

I just got a refund off buylivecodes (or instantlivecodes as the email says) and it says:

What's up with that? I bought one off them before, and someone in this thread did, too.
    Random - I got a code off them yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I got my 13 month code from www.jasper1675.com. No problems at all.

That link doesnt' work for me Stephen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Works for me?

Advertisement