Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Netgear Wireless Router WGR614v6

Options
  • 16-02-2009 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

My wireless router stopped working this morning.

I am getting the following message on the Router Manager page.

"No Internet connection is detected, the router cannot check the NETGEAR server for updated firmware. After setting up your Internet connection, go to the "Router Upgrade" page to check for updated firmware."

This does not make any sense to me because I can get a perfect internet connection (wired) when i connect directly from my modem to laptop.

In addition I have noticed that the wireless signal strength does not get any better than "very good". Up to today the strength is generally "excellent".

Can anyone help?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

does your modem show an ethernet link when connected to the router?

i take it you were using the same ethernet cable between the modem & router as you were between the modem & laptop, might be worth trying to swap it an dsee if it helps any

if that doesn't sort it out it out might be a dead WAN port on the router,

Advertisement