Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reform any one band

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

GnR

Assuming Steven Adler can still see straight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

smooch71 wrote: »
    GnR

Assuming Steven Adler can still see straight

Adler was only around for one album, I know where you're coming from but he's generally not considered as part of the classic lineup. Unfortunately neither is Izzy Stradlin, despite the fact that he actually worked on the Illusion albums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

It'd have to be "Death" for me. Revive chuck from the grave! (and a close second place for Faith no more &/or Pantera)

This is a haaaaard choice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Deep Purple anybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Sammag wrote: »
    I was looking at getting tickets (if they're still available) but I dunno – just can't imagine them without Layne :(

Still in 2 minds though, but I haven't heard any of their stuff William DuVall...

Whats happening on the 26th?? Is there a gig?:eek: I love Alice in Chains!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Chaosangel

would have to say Kyuss and Soundgarden

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

+1 soundgarden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Adler was only around for one album, I know where you're coming from but he's generally not considered as part of the classic lineup. Unfortunately neither is Izzy Stradlin, despite the fact that he actually worked on the Illusion albums.
    This is going off-topic but who doesn't consider Stradlin and Adler part of the classic Guns N' Roses line-up? Izzy was one of the founding members I think.

Matt Sorum might be a better drummer (especially these days) but Gilby Clarke always just looked and sounded wrong. Whenever he was on stage I always thought he was like a roadie who was filling in for the real guitar player or something :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Astro Creep 2000 era White Zombie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Easy one,

AC/DC with Bon Scott

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Audioslave? Did someone mention Audioslave? I mean FFS! They only split up last year and will hardly be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Zeppelin,
    Beatles,
    Thin Lizzy
    .. etc

but also on the other the other hand no, as it may ruin the legacys of the bands..

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Deep Purple anybody?

They will never be able to pull Ritchie back in... they're better off with Morse anyway he's a better guitarist and he gels much better with them too. I would love if John Lord came back but he's too old now I guess :P I wish they would come back to Ireland! they're still touring like mad but haven't been here for a few years... sigh... one day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

malice_ wrote: »
    This is going off-topic but who doesn't consider Stradlin and Adler part of the classic Guns N' Roses line-up? Izzy was one of the founding members I think.

Matt Sorum might be a better drummer (especially these days) but Gilby Clarke always just looked and sounded wrong. Whenever he was on stage I always thought he was like a roadie who was filling in for the real guitar player or something :).

Classic Guns lineup is the lineup that recorded Appetite and the lineup that toured it. Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Adler (like it or not:)) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Classic Guns lineup is the lineup that recorded Appetite and the lineup that toured it. Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Adler (like it or not:)) .
    I agree with that 100%, my post was in reference to ShawnRaven who said:
    I was (and still am) curious as to who wouldn't regard Izzy and Steven as part of the classic Guns N' Roses line-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Atheist. If the dead are to be revived, then with Roger, if not with Tony Choy. Win win win.

Other than that, Chuck Mosely era Faith No More, the real Faith No More.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bluesguitar

Zeppelin
    floyd
    lizzy
    peter greens fleetwood mac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Axl recently said either he or Slash will die before a reunion happens.

He was responding to someone who asked if he think he would regret not reforming if Slash died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭mac_attack

Nea wrote: »
    Soundgarden
    And brainwash Chris Cornell to forget about all the silly Timbaland nonsense

+1
    :rolleyes:
    Seen the title of thread, was gona say that, way to got in there before me!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭House of Wolves

Blink 182! oh wait that just happened! :D
    The Smiths would be cool, but that will never ever happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Exactly. Adler was as much a part of the classic lineup of GNR as Axl or Slash

I wouldn't mind seeing Gilby onstage though for a few numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Samurai wrote: »
    definitly the stone roses

Definitely definitely...Although it would be a disaster...

....Atomic Rooster......Creedence......both would be good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Also pantera :D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

Including people that are dead I would say the Pyromania/Hysteria era of Def Leppard:

Joe Elliott
    Steve Clark (RIP)
    Phil Collen
    Rick Savage
    Rick Allen

Otherwise, The Appetite For Destruction era of GNR. Wouldnt be opposed to a reunion with Matt Sorum on drums instead of Steven Adler.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

starflake wrote: »
    They will never be able to pull Ritchie back in... they're better off with Morse anyway he's a better guitarist and he gels much better with them too. I would love if John Lord came back but he's too old now I guess :P I wish they would come back to Ireland! they're still touring like mad but haven't been here for a few years... sigh... one day!

How about the MK III line up of Deep Purple with David Coverdale and Glenn Hughes??

malice_ wrote: »
    I was (and still am) curious as to who wouldn't regard Izzy and Steven as part of the classic Guns N' Roses line-up.

Sorry folks, pulled an all nighter the night before so as a result, i was in bed by about 8.30 last night.

I've come across two definitions of the Classic lineup, the Appetite lineup, and the Illusion lineup, I'd consider the latter the classic lineup personally (see what I did there?) due to being together as a unit longer, (kinda like Megadeth's 1990-1998 lineup being considered the classic lineup), One album, to me, does not constitute a classic lineup.

That's my own personal take on it anyway. Hell, Adler didn't last pissing time with the band for all intents and purposes.

The classic line-up is the one which put out the classic album ;)

Doctor J wrote: »
    The classic line-up is the one which put out the classic album ;)

Because the two Use Your Illusion albums can't be considered classics now, eh? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Just a quick off-topic note to you Purple fans.

The re-mastered version of Stormbringer is released on Monday. Includes a bnus DVD with the original quadrophonic sound!

That'd be a decent one for yer new surround sound, DamonJewel!

• Advertisement

Because the two Use Your Illusion albums can't be considered classics now, eh? ;)
    Precisely.

Good yes, classic, no. Bloated and overindulgent, definitely, but just not in the same league as the debut.

Not even close :)

Advertisement