Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outdoor garden fencing

Options
  • 16-02-2009 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Need to put up a fence between neighbours/parents garden(owners of neighbour house pulled down hedge that was there for years).
    Easy to do? Cheap? Any recommendations? Would prefer a company to do. In Cork. Thankz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

iguana2005 wrote: »
    Need to put up a fence between neighbours/parents garden(owners of neighbour house pulled down hedge that was there for years).
    Easy to do? Cheap? Any recommendations? Would prefer a company to do. In Cork. Thankz

I don't have the answer to cheap fencing, but.

Did the neighbours pull the hedge from their side of the boundary or was the hedge the boundary ?.

If the hedge was the boundary they should have asked permission and the responsibility lies with them to replace it with something that would replicate what was there.

If the hedge was on their side of boundary and there is no proper division left between the two properties, ask the neighbour to go halves in erecting a proper fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭iguana2005

unfortunately neighbours from hell who are now renting the property and dont really care. pulled it down without asking. their backgarden now resembles beirut. parents are too old to take any serious action. KARMA...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

iguana2005 wrote: »
    unfortunately neighbours from hell who are now renting the property and dont really care. pulled it down without asking. their backgarden now resembles beirut. parents are too old to take any serious action. KARMA...

Can you contact the landlord / local council ?, surly they can help.
    I'm not totally knowledgeable on these points of law but other readers please help OP here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 finbarr1985

There is a number of fencing options you could explore,
    Timber post and rail, concrete post and rail, PVC white fencing, or galvanised or green coated chainlinks etc, There is a lot of price differential, in the above too. I work with FRS fencing in Cork check out or selection, or other companies selections and I'm sure you will find a suitable fence for this job.

Advertisement