Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 95 Sanchez vs Stevenson ***Will Contain Spoilers***

Options
  • 16-02-2009 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

I'm really looking forward to this, I think it's a really good solid card. With all of the main card fights going to finished within the three rounds.

Sanchez vs Stevenson. This should be a really good fight with a fast pace. Im going for Sanchez to win by GnP in Rd 3.
    Hardy vs Markham. Dont know anything about Markham so im going for Hardy.
    Marquart vs Gouveia. I really like Marquart and Im going for a knockout in Rd 2.
    Maia vs Sonnen. Maia to get another win by sub in Rd2.
    Koscheck vs Thiago. Koscheck by KO Rd 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Should be a good weekend, I fly out on Friday for the Q&A then the weigh-ins, then the fight club party after the weigh-ins, then off to see Joe Rogan's stand up show AGAIN, Sat. I am going to a special presentation of the new UFC game (UFC 2009 Undisputed) after that it's off to the O2 arena for UFC 95 and after that I'm going to THQ VIP party (whatever that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭agardiner22

Damn you superwoody, taking my bro too couldnt squeeze another ticket for me nah!

Damn you superwoody, taking my bro too couldnt squeeze another ticket for me nah!

Two is all I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ckarsenal

Fromvert wrote: »
    Sanchez vs Stevenson. This should be a really good fight with a fast pace. Im going for Sanchez to win by GnP in Rd 3.
    Hardy vs Markham. Dont know anything about Markham so im going for Hardy.
    Marquart vs Gouveia. I really like Marquart and Im going for a knockout in Rd 2.
    Maia vs Sonnen. Maia to get another win by sub in Rd2.
    Koscheck vs Thiago. Koscheck by KO Rd 2.

Agree with the above:
    Sanchez by gnp in round 2
    Hardy by decision
    Marquart by tko round 2
    Maia via sub round 1
    Koscheck via tko round 3

Should be a good weekend, I fly out on Friday for the Q&A then the weigh-ins, then the fight club party after the weigh-ins, then off to see Joe Rogan's stand up show AGAIN, Sat. I am going to a special presentation of the new UFC game (UFC 2009 Undisputed) after that it's off to the O2 arena for UFC 95 and after that I'm going to THQ VIP party (whatever that is)

What time are the weighins at? At o2 i guess?

• Advertisement

What time are the weighins at? At o2 i guess?

2 PM: Fight Club Exclusive Q&A Session with MARCUS DAVIS

3 PM: Doors Open to General Public for UFC 95 Weigh-in

4 PM: UFC 95 Weigh-in Begins

It's not on in the 02 Arena which is a balls as my hotel is only 10mins. away from the 02. The Q&A and the weigh-ins will take place at the Dominion Theatre. Dominion Theatre 268-269 Tottenham Court Road London W1T 7AQ which I am told is a good bit away from the 02 Arena :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

This event is all about the MW's for me.

Marquadt, Gouveia, Maia, and to a lesser extent Sonnen.

Gouveia is supposed to be one of the most talented ATT members, but has devloped a reputation for laziness in the past. As for Marquadt, hes a beast, and mean too. Not sure about Maia at MW, his Jiu-jitsu is awesome, but I think he is too small.

Superwoody.........................quiet you!

2 PM: Fight Club Exclusive Q&A Session with MARCUS DAVIS

3 PM: Doors Open to General Public for UFC 95 Weigh-in

4 PM: UFC 95 Weigh-in Begins

It's not on in the 02 Arena which is a balls as my hotel is only 10mins. away from the 02. The Q&A and the weigh-ins will take place at the Dominion Theatre. Dominion Theatre 268-269 Tottenham Court Road London W1T 7AQ which I am told is a good bit away from the 02 Arena :mad:

That's great, I can walk to the dominion and so might make the weigh-in after all.

That's great, I can walk to the dominion and so might make the weigh-in after all.

You not going to the Q&A?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

I want to see Nate fight Anderson again so hope he pulls out the victory, i think its gonna be second round stoppage for Nate. Joe daddy needs the win big time,so does diego for that matter.
    Maia imo should put sonnen away and im lookin forward to seeing if Neil grove can cut it with the big boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Swoody when is that video game thing on. I'd love to bluff my way in and have a goo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Swoody when is that video game thing on. I'd love to bluff my way in and have a goo.

I dont think the general public gets to play it at these events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Hopefully Demian Maia notches up another win. Future champion imo.

rovert wrote: »
    I dont think the general public gets to play it at these events.

As rovert said it's not open to the general public, It's being ran by THQ and they have invited me over to it plus tickets for UFC 95.

Lots of photos of Arianny woody

Lots of photos of Arianny woody

Gary will be the "photographer" for that day. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Myself and the brother are flying over for this Friday morning. Looking forward to it. Although the names aren't as immediately exciting as some on the UFC 93 card (oddly) have a feeling the intensity of the whole night will be greater overall. Very much looking forward to seeing Maia in action, as well as the main event.

Going to Rogan on the Friday night also, and generally praying to Superman that we don;t get too lost in London over the weekend. It's literally been years since I've been there!

Maynard wrote: »
    Myself and the brother are flying over for this Friday morning. Looking forward to it. Although the names aren't as immediately exciting as some on the UFC 93 card (oddly) have a feeling the intensity of the whole night will be greater overall. Very much looking forward to seeing Maia in action, as well as the main event.

Going to Rogan on the Friday night also, and generally praying to Superman that we don;t get too lost in London over the weekend. It's literally been years since I've been there!

You going to the Q&A and weigh - ins?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A solid card.

Maia is fast becoming my favourite fighter so it's always good to see him on the card.

Koscheck generally has entertaining fights too.

It'll be on at a reasonable hour too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

As rovert said it's not open to the general public, It's being ran by THQ and they have invited me over to it plus tickets for UFC 95.

I'll just dress as the cowboy from toy story and no one will know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Fromvert wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to this, I think it's a really good solid card.

Ah now, I wouldn't go that far. Nevertheless, like all ****ty cards, it has the potential to surprise with great fights. I'm not hopeful though.

I'll just dress as the cowboy from toy story and no one will know.

LOL, go for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

You going to the Q&A and weigh - ins?

Planning to make the weigh-in provided that we don't have any problems getting around London, and that is a large proviso!
    Aside from that have tickets booked to see Joe Rogan that night also, so will try and avoid haring around the city like a madarse.

Maynard wrote: »
    Planning to make the weigh-in provided that we don't have any problems getting around London, and that is a large proviso!
    Aside from that have tickets booked to see Joe Rogan that night also, so will try and avoid haring around the city like a madarse.

Myself and my mate are both going to the Q&A, weigh-ins and the Rogan gig. We can bring one guest each with us to the Q&A so if you want to go in with us it's no probs, I would hate to see the guest pass go to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Just seen the press conference over for the event on UFC.com Diego Sanchez looks seriously thin after cutting weight? Wonder will he come in under weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9bKDE1V9d0

Few interesting bits - Sanchez seemed happy with the cut, despite looking very gaunt. Some more teaser footage from the TUF gym, pretty charged atmosphere for whatever fight it was they were shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

All ten fights get shown, plain looking card turns out to be a great nights entertainment :D
    Marquardt flying knee to win the fight the highlight!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Seifer wrote: »
    All ten fights get shown, plain looking card turns out to be a great nights entertainment :D

This is becoming customary for UFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Very enjoyable event.

Still don't know why anyone said it was a poor card???

Advertisement