Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 95 Sanchez vs Stevenson ***Will Contain Spoilers***

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Yes!!!!!!! ......wipes away foam from mouth..... ;)

I really enjoyed that card despite it being the "worst UFC card ever" according to most fan sites.

Demian Maia is amazing. Also, if he was able to get Chael Sonnen down then I'm sure he'd get Bisping down. Just MHO though. Bisping IMO lacks the power to put him away on the feet. Maia's big problem wil be guys like Hendo. Silva's elusiveness and power would give him a lot of problems too. And Marquardt would give him a real challenge with the right gameplan.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Maybe Maia had excellent stand up but chooses not to use it, like Huerta has a black belt in Bjj but you never see him attempt to use this skill. When put in against a quailty opponent i think we'll see exactly how good Maia is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

dunkamania wrote: »
    Yes!!!!!!! ......wipes away foam from mouth..... ;)

Diego is great, It reminded me of the time that Steve Collins was fighting Eubank I think and he came out with a hood on chanting 'Still the Champ' over and over, A1 entertainment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

As much as I love watching Maia fight, I dont think his game is well rounded enough to beat Marquadt. Especially Marquadt with a Jackson gameplan behind him. I am guessing the gameplan would be jab and back away for 3 rounds.

Look back on the Herman fight. If memory serves, Maia was under pressure, and was probably losing the decision. I can see Hendo giving him similar trouble but Hendo's submission defense is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Diego is great, It reminded me of the time that Steve Collins was fighting Eubank I think and he came out with a hood on chanting 'Still the Champ' over and over, A1 entertainment

Only entertaining in the sense where you're thinking "God I hope he gets annihilated". But I suppose Muhammad Ali had a bit of that going on and it did him no harm. Personally, I don't think deigo can back it up like Ali could.

I don't think we've seen enough of Maia's stand up game, but I think he's too good a fighter to be wallowing away in the division, time for some big fights.

Advertisement