Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cold water fish/aquarium care ????

Options
  • 16-02-2009 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

:confused:can anybody please tell me where i can find out about cold water fish and aquarium maintenance. the water is going very cloudy after 2-3 days of cleaning the filter & changing the water as per the manual that came with it. something not right. the pet shop where i bought it cant or dont seem to want to tell me what im doing wrong..
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

We have an animals and pet issues forum that would probably give you the relevant answers you are looking for if you want to start a thread there...:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=240

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moving to the animals & pet issues forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

paudi1 wrote: »
    :confused:can anybody please tell me where i can find out about cold water fish and aquarium maintenance. the water is going very cloudy after 2-3 days of cleaning the filter & changing the water as per the manual that came with it. something not right. the pet shop where i bought it cant or dont seem to want to tell me what im doing wrong..
    thanks
    My 3 guesses:
    1) Overfeeding.
    2) The aquarium is in direct sunlight.
    3) The aquarium is over stocked.

Can you provide some more info. like how big the tank is, what is in the tank and how many. What substrates or ornamnets are in the tank? How often do you feed and how much (cold water fish need to be fed far less than most people think). etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 serratus

PM sent!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Have you noticed any white spots on the fish?

If so treat for fungus

Did you add the right amount of "tap safe" or which ever one your using!

Also great for taking out that cloudly look is the salt you get for aquariums.... but don't over do it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

Have you noticed any white spots on the fish?

If so treat for fungus !!

If you see white spots you treat for white spot not fungus :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blackti3

looking to know about cold water fish tank just started tks

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

blackti3 wrote: »
    looking to know about cold water fish tank just started tks

What do you need to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Cleaning the filter after 2-3 days........ The manual said that?... If so, bin it!!

I see "Serratus" sent you a PM, Drew is one of the most knowledgable people in the aquarium hobby, listen carefully to his advice.

Try our site www.irishfishforum.com , this is the forum of the Leinster Fish Keeping Society. We would be happy to help.

Learn about the Nitrogen Cycle for a start.

Good luck

Advertisement