Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruptured Ovarian cyst

Options
  • 16-02-2009 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Have been in pain for last two weeks. ended up in hospital over the weekend and transpired I have a ruptured ovarian cyst. Hospital made an appointment for me to see gyno next week.

Kinda worried about it all and just wanted to know if anyone else has ever had this problem and if so are there longterm complications that can arise out of a ruptured ovarian cyst.

I am in my twenties and didnt even know I had cysts, I know cysts are common but ruptured cysts??

Any feedback advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks ladies!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I got this from Wikipedia:
    Most ovarian cysts are functional in nature, and harmless (benign). In the US, ovarian cysts are found in nearly all premenopausal women, and in up to 14.8% of postmenopausal women.

Ovarian cysts affect women of all ages. They occur most often, however, during a woman's childbearing years.

Some ovarian cysts cause problems, such as bleeding and pain. Surgery may be required to remove cysts larger than 5 centimeters in diameter.

I don't know much about ruptured cysts I'm afraid. Probably your best bet is to ask the gyno or your doctor - they'd have a good idea of how common this is, possible complications etc. Sorry to hear you've been in pain, at least now you know what the problem is and can get it sorted! Good luck

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sorry we can't give or ask for medical advise. Just keep plugging away at your doctor(s) and make sure you get all the info you can.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement