Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dont' Be Shy. Anyone using a XFPS Sniper Adapter

• 16-02-2009 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭

Well folks. I am just bewildered as to how good some guys are at FPS on the 360.

Which leads me to beleive that some folks out there have to be using an adapter for the mouse and keyboard...

Has anyone out there got one and is it worth the investment.

I love FPS's but for love nor money can i use the joysticks on the 360...

Any feedback would be app'd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

If someone gave it to me for free id love to try it.. I just dont think think its worth it when I find the joypad fine.. Yeah maybe its a little bit off but sure it still works.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Been thinking about getting one for a while, being a PC FPS gamer it's *really* frustrating with the slow speed of a pad. They're an awful price though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Unless I'm thinking of another manufacturer, any reviews I've seen of such adapters indicate that there is pretty significant lag and in most cases, that would probably give you more of a disadvantage over the Xbox controller... it's nowhere near as good as using a keyboard/mouse combo on a PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I tried one briefly, the older XFPS adapter, and thought it was pretty bad. Unless there was something wrong with that particular unit :o

It's nothing like controlling on a PC, there is a big lag, I found I was actually much better with a pad. It's not very precise either. You're basically just moving the controls (the buttons) but it doesn't make aiming or turning faster or more precise. Maybe the newer ones are much better though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭MURDO

Yeah agree.,. I love FPS on the PC and you cant beat it when it comes to same..., however i like the 360 setup and its more fun for some reason,, dunno, maybe its the fact that its in front of the telly instead of upstairs in a room away from all the hustle and bustle... i hear the sniper v.3.0 is supposed to be way better..

But i must state this to me would not be just to go on a mad killing spree and look like i'm the bees nees.. When it come to the 360, it would basicly balance things out for me,... What Pi$$es me off though is when you come accross some dude that is just insane with the controller??? which leads you to beleive that nobody can be that good... ie, rate of turn etc.,.. accuracy with a controller... I would like to be proved wrong...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Watch some of the MLG/pro vids from various games, like Halo 3. These guys all play with pads, there is no keyboard/mouse config at tourneys like MLG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

my point would be that it would ruin the accessible fun of consoles... like sitting on ur couch with a pad and pick up and play cant do that with a keyboard and mouse... and if u do jus play on ur pc then!

it would be like attaching an ak47 to a laser guided missle...

Advertisement