Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comics (where to sell apart from online)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

That's a fair question, actually. I know that Vibes & Scribes in Cork buy second-hand books including trades and graphic novels. Mind you, as with most second-hand bookshops you won't get much from them. Not sure about anywhere else though. I suppose you could try that Crow Corner Comics place if you're in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭draven3410

yeah, i might try. Was kinda hoping to get someone who has an interest in them instead of a shop (even tho they love their comics). I know sub-city in Galway have started to buy Graphics. maybe we should arrange a day between ourselves to sell them!!! or trade 'em.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

A trading day would probably work quite well if you could get enough people to meet in one place, but that's the same problem the comic jams have.

There's a second-hand bookshop in Galway whose name I forget (it has a mural of Dream and Death of the Endless on the wall outside though, can't miss it) that has a reasonably mixed selection of comics. Might also worth a try.

Like you say though, it's better (not to mention easier to get a reasonable price) if you can sell directly to an individual. Unfortunately, online is usually the easiest way of doing this...

I know that there used to be a comic-con type event on in Dublin, haven't heard anything bout it last year tho, and a lot of people were selling and trading on the day.
    I know th lads from sub-city had something to do with it, might ask them if they'll do it this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭livingtargets

Actually a trade type event might well be a very good idea considering price-hikes and general economic crappiness.

• Advertisement

Diamond (the Irish-english distributors) put the price up by 40%. Brian (owns a comic shop) went mad and said that when they were doing so well why didnt they drop their prices! Diamond have a lot to answer for! So i say we eithre buy direct or trade!!!!

The Dublin City Comic Con seems to be doing pretty well but has moved away from the city centre; I think Sub-Con is still going strong too. Emmett Taylor organised a Dublin Comic and Toy Mart a few years back, but I haven't heard of one any time recently.

Given the general economic crumminess, a swap group mightn't be a bad idea. It could be an in-person thing, or a post-based group where each person passes stuff on...

both and either could work, if one lives near the others, and there's the problem, small a country as it is, not much for people outside the capital. and harder to meet people who havent read wat you have (same small comic shops)

So, was talking to Brian in Subcity Galway and he mentioned that Subcity Dublin buy selected comics off people, depending on condition, if they have it etc. Going to send a letter in with a list and see if he gets back to me

Advertisement