Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda CRF450R???

• 16-02-2009 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Well my question is.... im selling a car at the moment and i have 2 offers, the 1st 1 is an offer of 3k for the car, the 2nd offer is 1k and a 05 honda cfr450r. Economically the later offer seems better because I wanted to spend the money on an off rd bike anyway but what i'm told that this bike is an absolute animal and as i'm only a beginner i was wondering should I just take the cash and spend it on a smaller bike?? I've been told by 1 experienced rider that its an easy enough bike to ride as long as i can refrain from winding the wrist too far and that i'd be alot safer on this bike rather than a 250 2stroke,but then an other experienced rider told me that it was a difficult bike to ride. I'm just looking for suggestions and opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

off road bikes are different to drive on road than 'proper' road bikes, but that is not to say impossible. Centre of gravity is higher and suspension softer which may unnerve if caught unawares.
    My advice would be to check for second hand prices of that bike if it was on your shortlist and to have it suitably inspected by a bike mechanic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

they are mad yokes alright. Go for it but take it handy for a while though. Your bound to take it handy for the first while anyways. Mind yourself on it though lol. Ya be ripping up the track. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

ondarack wrote: »
    Well my question is.... im selling a car at the moment and i have 2 offers, the 1st 1 is an offer of 3k for the car, the 2nd offer is 1k and a 05 honda cfr450r. Economically the later offer seems better because I wanted to spend the money on an off rd bike anyway but what i'm told that this bike is an absolute animal and as i'm only a beginner i was wondering should I just take the cash and spend it on a smaller bike?? I've been told by 1 experienced rider that its an easy enough bike to ride as long as i can refrain from winding the wrist too far and that i'd be alot safer on this bike rather than a 250 2stroke,but then an other experienced rider told me that it was a difficult bike to ride. I'm just looking for suggestions and opinions.

A 4t is not bad if you do as your friend says and keep it easy with your wrist. It takes a while for the power to kick in, not unlike a turbo diesel. With a 2t the power is there the whole time. With the high capacitys though comes more danger..

For an adult starting I would say go with a 125 2t or 250 4t. Also in saying that I started on a 250 2t. :o

Advertisement