Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolling pin?

• 16-02-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've been looking for about 3 weeks now and haven't managed to find anywhere that'll sell me a good quality cheap rolling pin. I found a marble one somewhere (can't remember now) but it was a crazy prize, I'm just looking for a solid wooden one I can use to roll pastry, beat steak, flatten chicken etc

I've tried Tesco, Dunnes, Argos, various home stores. I'm in Cork.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've been wracking my brains and I can't remember seeing one in a shop in ages. I'm sure I got mine in Dunne's years ago. Sometimes the small local hardware type shops are best for this kind of thing.

Edit: If all else fails, there's always AMAZON

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Edit: If all else fails, there's always AMAZON

Ooh, I forgot completely about Amazon, they definitely deliver homewares to Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Have you tried the Kitchen place on Oliver Punkett st.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Clairecluck

I got mine in Tesco for about €4.99. Its not as good as the one my Mam has had for the last 20 years, but it does the job!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm sure they do deliver homewares to here - I signed in and clicked as if to buy the rolling pin and it was letting me.

• Advertisement

noby wrote: »
    Have you tried the Kitchen place on Oliver Punkett st.?

Yea, I was thinking about going in there this weekend. Bit of a trek, but if needs must...
    I got mine in Tesco for about €4.99. Its not as good as the one my Mam has had for the last 20 years, but it does the job!

When was that? I've tried the 3 Tescos around me and none of them stock pins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Best bet could be the smaller hardware shops or those wee shops that sell just about everything from envalopes to shoe laces.

I got a fantastic one in homevalue hardware our local one has a bakery section, it's a silicone long type one was expensive but it's great must be hand washed but it's great for rolling out pastry and dough.

If you need it for bashing stuff also try a steak hammer they can work well if you pop a tea towel over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I don't know if there's one in Cork, but Homestore+More is great for cookery related stuff. Or as someone else said, your local (independent) hardware store could be your best bet. Actually Atlantic Homecare do a good range of cookery stuff too.

chuckles30 wrote: »
    I don't know if there's one in Cork, but Homestore+More is great for cookery related stuff. Or as someone else said, your local (independent) hardware store could be your best bet. Actually Atlantic Homecare do a good range of cookery stuff too.

Yeah, it was Homestore+More that had the marble one - they may have had others, but if they did, they were cleverly hidden, along with most of their staff. Terrible place. Didn't think of Atlantic, might try it at the weekend on the way into town.

Advertisement