Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

surround sound rear speakers problem

• 16-02-2009 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all Have a problem with my rear speakers on my new LG dvd surround sound system they play ok on test but will not play with any 5.1 surround sound dvd's any ideas ??, if needed I have a LG lcd tele
    rgds
    Phil

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Are you using an optical cable from the DVD player?

edit: is the DVD player separate to the 5.1 amp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Philsam

I'm using a HDMI cable to tele and cables that came with surround sound system

I don't know what cables come with surround sound system but I assume a fibre optic audio cable came with it...

You'd want to have:

DVD->TV (by HDMI)
    &
    TV -> Surround System (by optical)

or otherwise run the audio straight from the DVD -> Surround System

yes I'm running the audio from the dvd using speaker cable (16swg) supplied with system and dvd to tv with HDMI but even though rear speakers work fine on test when dvd with 5.1 surround sound plays nothing comes from rear speakers might there be something in the set up I'm not seeing ???

Can you put up a link to the system so I can see the connections etc? Might be able to help then!

• Advertisement

not sure what you mean by link if its the model # your after its LG HT503PH the DVD player and AMP are a COMBINED UNIT and then there a list of things it does as long as my arm, not sure if this is what you want but thanks for the time and effort you have spent on this problem regardless of outcome

OK if everything is connected as you say then it should be working fine, especially if the test works.

The only thing I would imagine could be the problem is something simple like having the system set to 2.1 rather than 5.1 on the menu or remote

thanks for that last tip, theres no mention of 2.1 or 5.1 in the manual but i am going to look into it and i'll let you know the outcome thanks again

Yea that was it i was able to reset it to 5.1 in the menu thanks for all the help

No worries at all!

• Advertisement
Advertisement