Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 46" 956

Options
  • 16-02-2009 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was going to buy a Panasonic 42PZ800 until I saw the 7 and 9 series on display in DID yesterday. The picture looks fantastic - vivid colours and brighness from the led panel. It has tipped me towards the 46" altough I would be happy with a 42".

Problem now is can this be got in Ireland (North or South). DID had the 55" only at nearly 4K! but do nor stock the 46".

Does anyone have this model set up and can you give some feedback on its performance? I will use it mainly for digital tv and movies, hopefully for gaming too as I plan to negotiate with the minister for the interior for a PS3 as it has Blue Ray :) Anyway I think having this tv without full HD connections would be like driving a Forula1 car around Connemara.

Does anyone know if the 956 has an mpeg4 tuner? I checked the Samsung site and its not specified. I would hope to be future-proofed when spending this much $$$.

I figure the 9 series would be an improvement on the 7 series as its the 2nd generation led. IS this true? Any other comments would be appreciated.

After spending hours researching various tv's I am back to where I started choosing the 956, its a been an interesting and frustrating journey but I plan to enjoy my new tv for years to come so it'll be worth it.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I found it very hard to track one down. Sams Your Man up the north mentioned they may be able to order in. 1staudiovisual.co.uk had them but shipping was £160. Not sure if directtvs.co.uk had them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheMidger

The LE46A956D1M is on directtv.co.uk for £1449, they deliver to Dublin. A bit pricey when I could have the Panni TH-42PZ800B for 1149 and its mpeg4 decoder for Irish Digital tv due to emerge in August 09 (if they manage to get it together this time).
    I also like the idea of being able to view video from the PC direct to the tv.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

TheMidger wrote: »
    The LE46A956D1M is on directtv.co.uk for £1449, they deliver to Dublin. A bit pricey when I could have the Panni TH-42PZ800B for 1149 and its mpeg4 decoder for Irish Digital tv due to emerge in August 09 (if they manage to get it together this time).
    I also like the idea of being able to view video from the PC direct to the tv.

I read a few tests by guys who had 956's and the video streaming wasn't the best. An Xbox, PS3 or other media streamer whould do a much better job.

Advertisement