Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete beginner's running log!

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Well done SligoL
    I need to get out soon and have a go at the road part myself. Maybe this weekend I can get up there. :D
    Good luck with the training :D

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Warriors Run - 28th Aug 2009
    stmochtas

Roll Call for the 28th as haven't had an update on this thread in a while. Slight niggle at the moment myself but hope to line-up.

14 Days to go til the Warriors run :eek:
    Just getting over a few infections for 3 bloody weeks

Did an easy 3 miles today, & it felt really really tough. Got very puffed out & had to take a walk break twice.
    Didn't want to take this long out of training so close to the race, but it was needed.
    Hopefully it won't be too hard to get back into the swing of things before the Warriors run.

I'm out of action til the weekend hopefully. My bloody back & neck seized up on me again.
    Not having much luck this month as far as training is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SligoL

That sucks Moondancer, but the rest will do you more good than risking making it worse. Fingers crossed you'll be back in action by the weekend :)

• Advertisement

Thanks SligoL
    It's already loosening up but I'm not gonna chance anything until I know for sure. How's your training going?

Ok, I've covered the 10 mile distance (once) in training but I'm still quite worried about the hills.
    Need to keep reminding myself that I'm doing the race for enjoyment, haha.
    Going to do mainly short runs for the next two weeks, other than one long one this Saturday and then hopefully legs will be in tiptop condition on the day.

My first run since my Back & neck loosened up I did half of the road part for the Warriors run, had to turn around at the carpark because I was getting sore and had to walk the rest of the way back.
    I've been doing no running since, I don't want to take a chance of hurting myself again, so I've been walking 5-6 miles instead to try and keep the legs active at least!
    It sucks, I've lost a lot of progress this month.
    So I'm just hoping to finish the warriors before 2.5 hours!
    I've been promised another piggy back if I need it, lucky me :D haha
    Not long now 4 days to go! :eek:

Just did a mile last night. Warriors run tomorrow :eek:

Good luck tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Aww thanks stmochtas :D
    Good luck to yourself too. What time are you hoping to get?

I can't believe it's tomorrow. Extremely nervous........

Oooh, I know! It's horrible outside, lots of rain & lots of wind, Hope it's not like this tomorrow.

MoonDancer wrote: »
    Aww thanks stmochtas :D
    Good luck to yourself too. What time are you hoping to get?

With the few injuries I have had I am not sure. Not racing it till I get over the mountain. Less than 90 anyway as I did that the last time I tried.

Yeah have had nothing but trouble myself this month. You'll fly thru it!
    Best of luck tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

u105_good_luck.jpg

Have fun :)

Aww, Thanks Rainbow Kirby! :D

Such a great day, but I can barely walk today! Finished it in 2hrs 3mins
    Jogged a bit twords the end with a girl, got chatting & low & behold, she's a boardsie too! haha Nice meeting you Geraldine!

Don't know what to do with myself now! I'll definitely do it again next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congrats! :)

Thanks Rainbow Kirby :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Congrats Moondancer. Well done! Havent been able to walk properly for the last 2 days. Reckon it was that steep part of the downhill.
    Any races planned for the autumn?

Hey T Runner!
    Thank you :D Congrats to you too, you did really well!!!
    My legs were killing me the day after! Still sore today. The fit4life Autumn league is coming up really soon, so I was thinking of doing those, they're small races all under 4 miles I think. Hail 2 Da Chimp was trying to get me to do the half marathon this month, and honestly I'm tempted, but thats just time away from the kids & I hate that. He usually does the Christmas swim every year & we had talked about running the warriors route instead for the craic!
    Thanks for all the advice & help you have given me this year! I'll be keeping up the training. Still off the fags so couldn't be anything better to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I reckon you could get sub 1:45 before christmas on the Warriors run route!

I reckon you could get sub 1:45 before christmas on the Warriors run route!

Is that a bet? ;)

Back in the 'auld body pump class twice a week.
    Just did a 10 minute run after.

Maybe I should start a half marathon training plan. Don't know what to do with myself! There are a few short races coming up, a 2 mile next week, so I'll try and beat my last time of the 3K race of 17:38
    Have to get a wisdom tooth out the day after that race so at least I'll get that race done :) :eek:

Advertisement