Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurosong 2009 The Late Late Show Feb 20th

Options
  • 17-02-2009 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Just wondering who everyone is looking forward to seeing perform... What's songs you're most excited to hear... Who do you think will represent Ireland??? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Moby

I have heard most of the songs and so far Sinead Mulvey (from Dublin) singing Et Cetera is by far the best, it is favourite with Paddy Powers, and should at least get us into the final.

Why do we have to have a singer from Latvia singing one of the songs,we have enough good talent in this country to sing for us

• Registered Users Posts: 15 KeeM

How have you heard the songs when they haven't been released yet?
    Also Lee Bradshaw has top spot with the bookies...?!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gergen

I heard all the songs today on the Derek Mooney show and I have to say the standard is very high this year. I think there are three excellent entries Out of Control sung by Laura Jayne Hunter , So What sung by Lee Bradshaw and Etectra sung by Sinead Mulvey. I think it's going to be a close race between these three and it will all come down to performance and visuals on the night. It's a tough choice between these three but in the end I'd probably swing for Etcetra . I think we've got a real chance of winning Eurovision this year

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Eurgh... The Eurovision :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 KeeM

The standard is well high... It's gonna be a great night tomorrow! Soooo exciting! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

And Et Cetera is the one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl8Zxy1B-0I

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Marginally better than the other rubbish. It's a well constructed song. But it's sounds formulaic. Which is exactly what the Eurovision is about now these days. Would love to hear more of the style of song we had before the change in format. We were producing some amazing stuff back then..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Shoulda sent this to eurovision

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Moby

At least the best song won, The standard was really high this year and well done to all the performers and writers. We have a good chance of coming out of the semis. Beats a Turkey any day.

Good luck in the Moscow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

D.S. wrote: »
    But it's sounds formulaic. Which is exactly what the Eurovision is about now these days.

Paramore meets Ladyhawke - at least it's up to date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Yeah, well, heard it yesterday, a couple of times.Kinda mid-American Kelly Clarksn/Avril Lavigne type vibe. Nothing out of the ordinary - an improvemnet on the turkey on a trolley, but I think it will struggle in the semi finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

Moby wrote: »

Why do we have to have a singer from Latvia singing one of the songs,we have enough good talent in this country to sing for us

i agree with you but more because the point of eurovision should be europe against one another, if a latvian girl wins it, who never probably has spent time in ireland where is the connection?
    i quite liked the song even if it was a little bland, was definetly the other contender on the night imo

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

gergen wrote: »
    I heard all the songs today on the Derek Mooney show and I have to say the standard is very high this year. I think there are three excellent entries Out of Control sung by Laura Jayne Hunter , So What sung by Lee Bradshaw and Etectra sung by Sinead Mulvey. I think it's going to be a close race between these three and it will all come down to performance and visuals on the night. It's a tough choice between these three but in the end I'd probably swing for Etcetra . I think we've got a real chance of winning Eurovision this year

I am just presuming you were smirking when you wrote that we have a chance of WINNING!!!!! LOL
    I suppose we couldnt do any worse than the dervish posers who came last:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

D.S. wrote: »
    Marginally better than the other rubbish. It's a well constructed song. But it's sounds formulaic. Which is exactly what the Eurovision is about now these days. Would love to hear more of the style of song we had before the change in format. We were producing some amazing stuff back then..
    Agree fully - though I quite like the song a lot. When I listened to it for the second time, I thought that the chords and chord sequences reminded me a small bit of Cher's song 'Believe', but you could say the same of many other songs. Good luck to them in Moscow!

Advertisement