Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek collectables

Options
  • 17-02-2009 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any "collectables"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

I have klingon wool. I wudnt reccomend it tho. If you knit a jumper it would be like wearing a brillopad:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Just a couple of games and a poster. No collectables, yet:)

Plan on getting full series of DS9 soon and just bought the ships of the line book. Once I start watching DS9 again I'm sure pretty soon I'll want something more solid to play with collect.

Half thinking of starting to get all the various books (novels), some look quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

yar, I have a lot of ST stuff from my childhood, never threw it out. Among them would be the 1701 D 1992 model, a gorn, a borg mug and the TOS crew circa 1965, I had the bridge once but lost it.

I read one of the ST books way back in march of 97, it was quite good actually, it was about Geordi in the academy and it centered around a capture the flag exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i have a few bits and bobs.

the 1701D that blows up from generations, a bird of prey (both with sounds)
    models i have ferengi marruarder, romulan war bird, klingon kvort bop

the best thing i have and apparently hardest to find from the line of products (early-mid 90's)with sound is the klingon vorcha class attach cruiser. and i randomly saw it in a shop in nutgrove shopping centre years and years ago and i had to have it :) £20 - well worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I have (or had) a TNG small phaser that lights up and makes a noise, and a Worf figurine that someone gave me for a Bday present ... I also once upon a time got a pattern to make a TNG jumpsuit, but they started wearing the two-pieces so I never made it. I have loads of Trek T-shirts, OS, TNG, DS9 and Voy. And I used to buy the novels ...

• Advertisement

http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/new-york-toy-fair-the-10-cool-star-trek-collectibles-you-must-have.php

Tyco RC (remote controll) enterprise and bird of prey! id like the BOP im 24 and your never to old for something like that

the flying enterprise! I have to get one of those, its beyond cool. They should make TOS style mobile phones too, I'd surely have one of those.

ye no question and if you had one of those your ringtine would have to be KHAAAAAANNNNNNnnnnnnnnn (i have the t-shirt to match as well)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

When I was a kid I had a model of the Enterprise D. I loved it. But after watching Descent Part 2 I decided it would be cool to hover it over a coal fire in our living room at home, imagining it was a star's corona (bless my youthful imagination). Unfortunately the heat from the fireplace warped the plastic, causing a gaping hole to form in the saucer section. (All those poor people in Ten Forward! :D)

Also, I recently started getting the slimline TNG DVD series from Amazon.co.uk. They were less than £13 sterling there for a while, but they've gone back up to around £18 now. I got seasons 3, 4 and 5 for a good price, and the special features are quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I have a few items alright, thinking of a clear out.
    So i have the following:
    Playmates Enterprise NCC1701d
    Tricorder TNG
    Phaser TNG
    Dinky Models of the TOS enterprise and Bird of Prey
    a range of chest comm badges in metal life size.
    more stuff i can not think off
    mmmmmmm defo need a clear out might put this lot up on ebay

DAMMM i spent loads on this stuff lol

• Advertisement

sure throw the link uo here if you do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I had the TNG Enterprise alarm clock - you had to detach the saucer section to switch off the alarm - got a bit annoying after a few mornings!

Had a few model kits also but I've lost interest in the last few years especially since Battlestar Galactica made it look so dated I'm hoping the new movie will change that. I do still have a soft spot for TOS and had the pleasure of meeting Leonard Nimoy a few years ago and his autograph is one of my prized possessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

TNG Phaser, Tricorder, Bridge model (the action figures fit in it) transporter, borg ship, enterprise D from Generations Movie, Enterprise E, Klingon D-7, About 50 action figures from various series (mostly played with, so only about 15 in original packaging), Miniture Enterprise D with mini-figures, Med Tricorder that opens into sickbay with miniture figures, Mugs, Klingon talking Comm-badge, Lunchbox, beakers, plaster cast kit, the miniture ferengi commerce team (seriously it exists) TNG teddy bear, Klingon Shot glass, Comm-badges, Voyager and Kazon ship model kit ships, Discman shaped like the USS Defiant (prize for collection tokens from the VHS tapes), A completely filled poster from the star trek sweets from 1996ish that came with holographic stickers (lots of posters but this took so much sweet eating to get every sticker that I'm very proud and read it was a collectors item), every star trek fact files issue, Star Trek Ship air-fresheners, micromachines mini-star trek ships. Had a couple of hundred VHS tapes and tons of back issues of Star Trek Magazine that had to be thrown out ot make room for me upon moving back to Ireland and into the old bedroom last year! (kept the Borg ship shaped VHS set and the transporter one that makes noise when you take out the videos!)

Mostly collected between the ages of 10-17. You can tell I was always the girl feeling out of place at those 'what did you get for christmas?' conversations at school...

Considered putting them up on ebay but it's made star trek stuff worthless now there's so much out there, plus my stuff was played with and loved so condition isn't the best! Ah well. I'll pass it on to my nieces once they get out of this pink princessy phase:)

yar, I have a lot of ST stuff from my childhood, never threw it out. Among them would be the 1701 D 1992 model, a gorn, a borg mug and the TOS crew circa 1965, I had the bridge once but lost it.

I read one of the ST books way back in march of 97, it was quite good actually, it was about Geordi in the academy and it centered around a capture the flag exercise.

That was part of a series released aimed at younger readers with the TNG characters back in their Academy days (different from the current Star Trek Academy books). I loved Capture the Flag. There are a couple Peter David wrote about Worf and the characters he used turned up later in his Star Trek New Frontier series of books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

DesignLady wrote: »
    TNG Phaser, Tricorder, Bridge model (the action figures fit in it) transporter, borg ship, enterprise D from Generations Movie, Enterprise E, Klingon D-7, About 50 action figures from various series (mostly played with, so only about 15 in original packaging), Miniture Enterprise D with mini-figures, Med Tricorder that opens into sickbay with miniture figures, Mugs, Klingon talking Comm-badge, Lunchbox, beakers, plaster cast kit, the miniture ferengi commerce team (seriously it exists) TNG teddy bear, Klingon Shot glass, Comm-badges, Voyager and Kazon ship model kit ships, Discman shaped like the USS Defiant (prize for collection tokens from the VHS tapes), A completely filled poster from the star trek sweets from 1996ish that came with holographic stickers (lots of posters but this took so much sweet eating to get every sticker that I'm very proud and read it was a collectors item), every star trek fact files issue, Star Trek Ship air-fresheners, micromachines mini-star trek ships. Had a couple of hundred VHS tapes and tons of back issues of Star Trek Magazine that had to be thrown out ot make room for me upon moving back to Ireland and into the old bedroom last year! (kept the Borg ship shaped VHS set and the transporter one that makes noise when you take out the videos!)

Mostly collected between the ages of 10-17. You can tell I was always the girl feeling out of place at those 'what did you get for christmas?' conversations at school...

Considered putting them up on ebay but it's made star trek stuff worthless now there's so much out there, plus my stuff was played with and loved so condition isn't the best! Ah well. I'll pass it on to my nieces once they get out of this pink princessy phase:)

Where were you when I was 17? :(

wow that trek collection is phenomenal. I would never sell my collection though, or even give it away. I vaguely remember those star trek sweets from 1996, they were kind of bitter/acidic and chewy, yes I remember those.

Furet wrote: »
    Where were you when I was 17? :(

Probably sitting at a very slow computer playing my 'learn the klingon language' CD-Rom/ Game! Another of my collection. It's actually cringeworthy to remember how much of a nerd I was as a teen.

Did anyone else have that TNG computer game where you went to the weird Island of Dr. Moreau type planet. Had to go into DOS to play it?

And on ST computer stuff there was the Voyager Desktop pack that came out around 1997. Voyager screensavers, wallpapers, season 1 quotes from the charaters everytime you did something on the computer ("dismissed, that's another word for get out" - everytime you closed a window) and a few other bits and bobs. I think it took up half the computer memory.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

www.trekcc.org

Been collecting for 13 years. Makes a great set, full of information about characters, ships and general Trek stuff. And is also a great game to play.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    www.trekcc.org

Been collecting for 13 years. Makes a great set, full of information about characters, ships and general Trek stuff. And is also a great game to play.

I have the starter collection box for that and a few add on sets but never managed to find anyone with any interest in playing it. Haven't thought about that in years. It was really good I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement