Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi/Lidl specials

Options
  • 17-02-2009 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Just thought it might be a good idea to have a thread about up and coming Aldi and Lidl specials, we all have a few 'Power Craft' or 'Parkside' tools in our shops/sheds right? Dont deny it, you know you've been sucked in by the cheapness of them! :P. Personally I have a PowerCraft electric mitresaw, a benchtop pillar drill, bandsaw, electric planer and biscuit jointer.

They're not 'amazing' quality, but they get the job done and for the price how could you pass them up. I've yet to own a 'parkside' powertool, but that may change some Thursday!

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20090219.index

Have my eye on one of those jigsaws and a bench grinder ;) I have a B&D jigsaw but the base plate is bet and wont stay on 90 degrees! :rolleyes:

LIDL THURSDAY 19th FEB

- Jigsaw
    - Cordless drill/driver
    - Glue gun
    - Folding workbench
    - Trestle
    - Bench grinder
    - Electronic measuring devices
    - Tool Storage
    - Tool sets
    - Welding equipment

ALDI SUNDAY 22nd FEB

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week09sunday09.htm

- 2.5hp Air compressor and various attachments

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

I have that compressor, great bit of kit. Well worth the money, saved me a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

bench grinder sold out even at 10.30 am here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I was in Lidl carlow at 12pm and they had a number of bench grinders left. I got me one and a jigsaw, happy days! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

i got the jigsaw the last time they were out, i like the palm grip and it feels quite sturdy when ive used it

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

I have a power craft bench grinder,its fine for what I need and use it for. The guards are poor on my mine though.

Any one got a lidl belt sander?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

aerosol wrote: »
    Any one got a lidl belt sander?
    I have one from a year or so ago. It does what it says on the tin basically.

Fingalian wrote: »
    I have that compressor, great bit of kit. Well worth the money, saved me a fortune.

Damn, seen these in Aldi today and couldnt pass it by! Picked up the nail gun too! I'm now €140 less because of you! :mad:

:pac::pac:

Seems like a nice bit of kit alright, looking forward to using it!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

I love my nail gun croppyboy!Wish they'd had a compresser on offer when I bought mine,its only a 25l draper but cost alot more:(
    The compresser is great for blowing out your machines,get yourself a little blow trigger thing

aerosol wrote: »
    I love my nail gun croppyboy!Wish they'd had a compresser on offer when I bought mine,its only a 25l draper but cost alot more:(
    The compresser is great for blowing out your machines,get yourself a little blow trigger thing

A blow gun came with the compressor, as well as a HVLP spray gun, tyre inflator and 10m of hose. Happy days :D

ALDI specials Sunday 1st March

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week10sunday09.htm

- Shop vac
    - Bench grinder/Beltsander
    - Auger bit set
    - Industrial shelving
    - Tool storage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Got the bench vise at the weekend and two sets of those clamp thingys.I'm on the look out for some C clamps if anyone comes across some cheap ones. Oh, I got the power craft dremil thing also. I'd been looking for a router attachment my for my real dremil,the nearest I found was a tile cutter attachment for about 10 quid. I got one included with the powercraft,with a bench hanger and pen attachment for €24. The dremil pen attachment retails for around 40 quid in some shops. It's amazing what they charge for a name.

• Advertisement

Picked up one of the shop vacuums in Aldi today.

Not a bad piece of kit for the price! It has a 1400w motor but unfortunatley has to be fitted with paper bags for dry dust collection, I assumed it went into the metal drum, but no, into a small internal bag which, I'd imagine would fill pretty quick, not to mention you'd have to pick up some spares! :rolleyes:

It comes with an adapter that allows the vacuum to be attached to different sized dust outlets on your wood work power tools!

Another nice feature is how you can plug the vacuum into a power outlet, then plug one of your powertools into the vacuum itself (once its not over 1500w!! I only found out tonight that my sliding arm mitre saw is 2000w! :rolleyes:), by selecting a second power option, when you turn on your powertool the vacuum will turn on automatically after 5 seconds, and when you switch off the tool it will turn off after 5 seconds! Handy for the table saw or whatever.

Nice and light and seems well built!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

bough a garden vac -blower gardenia make used it once or twice zip went on bag ,contacted gardenia ,liverpool address ,sent details PAID with visa they sent wrong type,i sent it back with details ,type and man number that was last november 08 still waiting for reply ,now have slightely used blower -vac with no bag , i am very reluctant to buy in either aldi or lidl,but at same time only 39 euro so you get what you pay for:

Aldi currently have a 24v cordless drill in stock and a nice set of over 200 drill and screwdriver bits. I picked up a set yesterday, only €24, sure how could you resist at that price? :D They'd get you out of a hobble........as they say!

Product_detail_Wk1209S13.jpg

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2867_8521.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 widun77

I've one parkside compressor with 5 pieces air accessory kit from halfords. has been used three times only. If anyone is interested I can sell it for more or less 150euro close to original price have to say. won't use it anymore as I am leaving a country in few months. I've used to paint a doors and body parts in my vito so to be honest if you're patient it can be done. I've some pictures how it looks after trying to uploadem happy.gif anyway I have also 4litres of white car laquer,4litres undercoat,1l underseal in black and another in white,1litre of undercoat for plastic bumpers and etc.+1 litre of silicone wash for paint preparation everything comes with hardeners and thinners more or less after mixing that will be almost 6 litres of paint and 6 litres of laquer looking for around 180 euro for everything laquer color code is merc 147 is typical white for transit merc peugeot partner etc. paints are brand new unoppened just cans aren't straight now got it from other country unfortunatelly post isn't the safest and fastest service. it may not be the best topic to post my ad so sorry for that but I'm new in this forum not sure of details. anyway if anyone is interested my ph 0873229059
    got links to photo not the best qualitycorkysm23.gif
    http://www.mypicx.com/12032010/my_vito_and_laquers/

Advertisement