Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 challenge Apple's 'App Store'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

They are not going head to head seeing as they will not be selling apps for the jeebus phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

darn, here was me thinking we might see it on another network, maybe with a 12mt contract...:rolleyes:

flicking through the T&C's of the Litmus, i found this little gem...

6.2 You hereby grant to O2 an irrevocable, perpetual, world-wide and royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute and sub-licence your Contribution...

Where do I sign up to develop:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

darn, here was me thinking we might see it on another network, maybe with a 12mt contract...:rolleyes:

6.2 You hereby grant to O2 an irrevocable, perpetual, world-wide and royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute and sub-licence your Contribution...

Should read.....

"6.2 You hereby grant to O2 an irrevocable, perpetual, world-wide and royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute and sub-licence your Contribution...now bend over"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They are not going head to head seeing as they will not be selling apps for the jeebus phone.

This is a fair enough point but if there's a sort of central area to download apps for other platforms etc it may have some of the iPhone worshipers look elsewhere. A lot of the attractions of the iPhone that I can see are it's ease of use and general idiot-proof nature.

Do Apple have something similiar? I guess I can see where they're coming from but it really would make you think twice before you put your ground breaking application onto their store. I would guess it's sort of a catch-all clause but I guess it means they could decide to alter your app and start charging and not share with you .. any time they want?

Advertisement