Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cappuccinos

Options
  • 17-02-2009 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Yes, this prob does deserve to be consumer issues or what not.

Im talking about the cafe on the main street in Wexford. Can i just say, although the food is very nice, the staff is more or less friendly, but they are incredibly slow at EVERYTHING. It took us 3/4 of an hour to get our food today.

I only have an hour lunch. Its usually only ever a last resort going there, because everywhere else is packed or just convenience sake, but I don't expect to wait there for all my lunch hour, while these people go up and down the stairs ignoring customers.

I have complained before, but nothing has ever changed. I know im probably going to get replies about not going there etc. But I only really want to know your experiences here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Yeah, it has always been very slow, even just to get a coffee. As you say the staff are nice but there seems to be a huge turnover of staff also.

Lack of training/experience is one possible reason for the delays, which is a shame because the food is nice.

Having said that I was in there last week around 5pm and the service was prompt enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

It tends to be slow but im normally only in a for a coffee on a saturday afternoon and am rarely in a hurry so i prefer to wait tbh. Maybe they should bear in mind that the lunchtimers are on a schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Ya, when they're busy they are slow. I'm a regular there, but if I'm busy and heading for take-away tea and sandwich I'll head somewhere way more efficient (Joanne's, which I also like a lot).

Great food (especially scones!) in Cappucinos and staff are indeed friendly and helpful. Really, having worked in that area myself for a while, I reckon they just need a better system, seems a bit haphazard at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

Why don't you bring your lunch from home. All you people likes to complain about everything. If they are busy, its normal you have to wait. If 6 tables have ordered before you, its obvious you have to wait and it depends what types of food they are having. You can't expect everything to be ready for you on gold plate after 1 min you order.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Why don't you bring your lunch from home. All you people likes to complain about everything. If they are busy, its normal you have to wait. If 6 tables have ordered before you, its obvious you have to wait and it depends what types of food they are having. You can't expect everything to be ready for you on gold plate after 1 min you order.

Everyone bringing lunch from home would only result in a lot of businesses shutting down, but that's besides the point really.

Secondly, 45 minutes is a long time to wait for lunch. A really long time and no business could stand over it. No-one said anything about one minute or gold plates either.

As I said already I like the place.

Going back to the original post (because that last one is fairly pointless anyway), you say 'everywhere else' is packed. In Wexford town??! Now that's just not right.

• Advertisement

Seems like a lot of aggro in this thread, tone it down or I will have to start infracting people.

Also, what happened the coffee shop over the Book Shop? It used to be really good and I was there recently and it was awful, bad coffee and no range of cakes etc.

On the other hand, the coffee, food and service in Greenacres was amazing when I went there. I was very impressed.

Advertisement