Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Day in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Xiney wrote: »
    Take that suffrage liberation and women's rights! :rolleyes:

(From a purely logical point of view, Sligo is hardly worth shopping in coming from Dublin)

+1

Down from Dublin to Sligo for shopping ???
    NO!

Xiney, ye canucks obviously didnt watch the same public information films in Civics class as us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8injvP1lJ8I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ0jRuASVEQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39qdhbkTko4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

(From a purely logical point of view, Sligo is hardly worth shopping in coming from Dublin)

:eek:
    You can't say that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Gillie wrote: »
    You can't say that!!!

To be fair Gillie, there is nothing to differentiate between our British High Street shopping and Dublins British High Street shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Some things are also much cheaper to buy in Dublin as well, not to mention more choice.

Another thing, our friend (a girl) was walking up Knocknarea alone last week (yes, instead of shopping :eek:)and she had a bit of a scary encounter so I don't know if I would go walking alone up there.

To be fair Gillie, there is nothing to differentiate between our British High Street shopping and Dublins British High Street shops.
    Mrs.T wrote: »
    Some things are also much cheaper to buy in Dublin as well, not to mention more choice.

Fair enough ladies but I wouldn't go out of my way to tell people this...We don't want to scare people off...
    Another thing, our friend (a girl) was walking up Knocknarea alone last week (yes, instead of shopping )and she had a bit of a scary encounter so I don't know if I would go walking alone up there.

What happened?

• Advertisement

Fair enough ladies but I wouldn't go out of my way to tell people this...We don't want to scare people off...

which would you prefer?

Someone comes for a day, see's the sights, walks the walks,eats the food
    and has a good time
    OR
    Someone comes for a day, goes to the shops, says "its the same/better at home" leaves and when asked what kind of day they had says "meh"

She went for a walk, got followed by a guy who then started running towards her, she ran and stopped by a family who were also walking and the guy turned back and ran off. She doesn't get freaked out easily but this really shook her.

As for Cazlou, why would we send her to the shops when Sligo has such breathtaking views?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

This:

111879330_7c837e4d02.jpg

elshambo wrote: »
    which would you prefer?

and has a good time
    OR
    Someone comes for a day, goes to the shops, says "its the same/better at home" leaves and when asked what kind of day they had says "meh"

Both!:D

The-Rigger wrote: »
    This:

111879330_7c837e4d02.jpg

My eyes! My Eyes!

Even TCN regulars know about her!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Did you really have to do that.That was uncalled for,take her out of the picture and its lovely.

I have the same view from my bedroom window:)

bobcar61 wrote: »

I have the same view from my bedroom window:)

:confused: Is she still there? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

:confused: Is she still there? :D

Thank the Lord no she isn't.
    I wouldn't have seen her anyway beacuse my house is to the right of that but just as high up:)

She comes into the shop a fair bit and our brains just shrivel up....*cringe*

Anyway,OP,when are you planning on visiting us.I think it was Tequila who mentioned the Seaweed baths.They are meant to be very good,definitely recommend them and worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

poor horse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Another thing, our friend (a girl) was walking up Knocknarea alone last week (yes, instead of shopping :eek:)and she had a bit of a scary encounter so I don't know if I would go walking alone up there.

Ì've had a few scary encounters up there myself.... Goats!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

frag420 wrote: »
    poor horse!!

she's been called worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭glezo

it's ok. You're a girl. You don't need to read so gud.

hey xiney watch it;)

wemon are just as if not more intelligent then men
    droped out of school 3mths before leaving (stupid i know no regrets doh)
    so i usually blame it on that:rolleyes::D

elshambo wrote: »
    which would you prefer?

and has a good time
    OR

personality speaking shopping no questions asked

even doh dub has great shops so has sligo to be honest
    even doh they seem to be going bit by bit with closer

although i totally love sight seeing and totally love donegal as a county i was up their 2 wks ago with bf
    left bags into the room and went shopping straight away
    he gave up after 2 hrs and went back to hotel
    i didnt get back til after 6 when shops closed

so ya from a girls view
    SHOPPING IN SLIGO
    forget sight seeing you can browse through google to look for pictures of the country side
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

glezo wrote: »
    forget sight seeing you can browse through google to look for pictures of the country side

You do realise that 99% of the EXACT same goods are available in Dublin? The exception being postcards of Sligo's beautiful scenery.

You do realise that 99% of the EXACT same goods are available in Dublin? The exception being postcards of Sligo's beautiful scenery.

im sure your 99% rite on that quote:D

• Advertisement

Ive recently been thinking:rolleyes:
    Maybe this single life isnt all its cracked up to be!
    Maybe being in a couple isnt that bad?
    glezo wrote: »
    personality speaking shopping no questions asked

even doh dub has great shops so has sligo to be honest
    even doh they seem to be going bit by bit with closer

although i totally love sight seeing and totally love donegal as a county i was up their 2 wks ago with bf
    left bags into the room and went shopping straight away
    he gave up after 2 hrs and went back to hotel
    i didnt get back til after 6 when shops closed

so ya from a girls view
    SHOPPING IN SLIGO

Thats all that nonsence cleared up!
    Thanks for that!:P

Im buying tickets and off to London on the lash for a week start of next month!
    On my sweeney:D;)

OP, stick to the seeing the sites plans laid out above! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

haha thanks for all the info - fwiw I'm not a shopping person anyway so I'd rather see the sights etc than wander around shops for a day - thanks anyway though :)
    I missed out on the cheap flights :( but hoping to make it up possibly on the 9th or 10th - I'm waiting on a dentists appointment so that's all that's delaying me for now :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Perhaps this article that was in last weekends English Observer/Guardian group might tempt you to stay longer. It mentions a few places that have already been referred to earlier. But hey an important note: they use their base as Leitrim!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2009/feb/22/green-holiday-ireland-atlantic-coast?page=all

If your not a shopping person would i assume that you rob all your food and clothes?? Anyways there are some good dentists in sligo too ya know!! Stick around a few days, see the sights, get the gums tweaked and your sorted.

frag420 wrote: »
    If your not a shopping person would i assume that you rob all your food and clothes??

:confused: Ehh no - I shop when I need to but just wandering around for the sake of it doesn't tickle my fancy! lol

so your really a bloke is what your saying??

Yeah because anyone who doesn't like shopping must be a bloke... :rolleyes:
    I know plenty of girls who aren't into shopping, same as plenty of guys like it!;)

i hear that!!
    Scientifically proven too i believe!! ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

My eyes! My Eyes!

Even TCN regulars know about her!!!:D

Christ on a bike...I'm traumatised...the poor horse looks like he is too:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Cazlou wrote: »
    Yeah because anyone who doesn't like shopping must be a bloke... :rolleyes:
    I know plenty of girls who aren't into shopping, same as plenty of guys like it!;)

I'm a girl and I hate shopping, can't think of anything more boring (apart from maybe football and rallys!)

Advertisement