Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using a ladder and cleaning gutters

Options
  • 17-02-2009 4:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

gonna be cleaning out mine and a few of the neighbours gutters in the next few days . will it be safe enough just to have a solid block at the bottom of the ladder or will i have to get someone to hold it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Always have someone at the foot of the ladder in case it starts to slip. Also, jobs like this that carry some element of risk should always involve two people, then there is someone to react and help you if you fall off it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

How about hiring a scaffold tower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I normally have someone hold the bottom of the ladder. Then make sure upstairs window is open so i can hold onto the frame of it(if ya know what i mean) while i crap meself lol.

Advertisement