Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to sleep,question for 6? advice needed

Options
  • 17-02-2009 5:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

For over a year the same dream, well not the same , the same content.Vampires, I know... Im 30+++++;) and I know there are no such thing.Tonight I had a bad dream as I call them .I woke up, got a drink and went back to bed .Fell alseep and ...another one.This one was Zombies, another dream thats similer.Vampires trying to bite me , Zombies trying to eat me.I sound like Im gone mad...
    If I was reading this , I would be thinking was a psycho..but Im not.What I am is very tired...I just want to go back to bed, but i cant.
    Any advice.Please dont say sleeping tablets etc.Im to tired to even try and find my sence of humor.
    Cathy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Hey Cathy,

Its Awful when your sleep deprived. Try having a look at your routine during the day or if anything is stressing you out a bit. Try making sure you have a good hour of relaxation before you retire for the night, a nice relaxing lavender bath helps, or maybe a brisk walk would work better for you, change your routine a bit. I always find that when I have a lot on my mind and my brain just wont shut up in bed it can go on for a while due to expecting the sleepless night which usually ends up with lots of wierd dreams and frustration. Hope you have a good night sleep tonight...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

thanks for the reply.I dont stop, all day.My life is spent RUNNING, after other people.Taxi ing the kids all day .Its just mad, but a nights sleep , would help.Baths , dont help , at all.I will try the walking .
    thanks again,cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Hi Cathy

I think dreams are always trying to tell us somwthing its just a matter of decoding them;) I dont mean in the old fashioned one explaination fits all way!!! The things you're dreaming are symbolic and only you know what those symbols represent for YOU but saying that the fact that the vampires and zombies are trying to eat you could suggest that you feel your losing yourself? Literally losing parts of you? Poss your identity? Like i said only you know what they symbolise!!

Hope this helps a bit?:o

yep, some times I do feel like people are pulling out of me and my brain, time, etc are no longer my own and I have to address everyones needs before mine.But that siadI think most mothers are like that.but its not just my kids.
    Ill wait and see what the next bad dream is like.
    thanks for taking the time to reply.
    Cathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭The-Star

Hi Cathy,
    Are the details of your 'dreams' very clear in your mind?

cathy01 wrote: »
    For over a year the same dream, well not the same , the same content.Vampires, I know... Im 30+++++;) and I know there are no such thing.Tonight I had a bad dream as I call them .I woke up, got a drink and went back to bed .Fell alseep and ...another one.This one was Zombies, another dream thats similer.Vampires trying to bite me , Zombies trying to eat me.I sound like Im gone mad...
    If I was reading this , I would be thinking was a psycho..but Im not.What I am is very tired...I just want to go back to bed, but i cant.
    Any advice.Please dont say sleeping tablets etc.Im to tired to even try and find my sence of humor.
    Cathy

• Advertisement

yes, its not always the same dream ,but the same content.as in...Im been eaten.
    sometimes I wake up screaming..and I have to wake my hubbie and ask him..if Im really awake as sometimes I dreeam I am awake but am still asleep.
    Know I know I sound mad.:o
    cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

cathy01 wrote:
    I need to sleep,question for 6? advice needed

The underlined bit, do you mean me?

Anyway my advice would be to try "*white chestnut" (Bach flower remedy), available from health food shops. If you cant find anywhere near you you can drop me a Pm and I will grab some and post it on to you.

Anyone suggestion would be maybe hypnotherapy, if you want any more info on that or advice again feel free to give me a shout.

6th

*White Chestnut is used for "unwanted thoughts".

hi 6th, I meant you.:)I had a feeling youd know what I should do.You wont believe me but my friend Kelly told me to get white chestnut for the insomnia (I never told her about the dreams)and I went to boots yesterday and got some.I didnt know I was to dilute it in water and poisined myself by putting drops into my mouth.
    I will see how it goes.To be hoenst some nights Im afraid to go alseep.Esp if I had a bad dream the night before.
    Ill leep you posted.Hope your well.
    thanks a billion and a bunch.
    Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Sorry I'm only seeing this now so. Like I said if you need a chat our anything drop me a PM or a mail. The white chestnut is great but just add 4 drops to water and try a glass in the morning and before bed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭The-Star

Hi Cathy, I can help you but would perfer to do it pm. Please feel free to contact me. Phil
    cathy01 wrote: »
    yes, its not always the same dream ,but the same content.as in...Im been eaten.
    sometimes I wake up screaming..and I have to wake my hubbie and ask him..if Im really awake as sometimes I dreeam I am awake but am still asleep.
    Know I know I sound mad.:o
    cathy

• Advertisement
Advertisement