Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever...

Options
  • 17-02-2009 5:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

....get sick of being slagged for being from Limerick City, when you're not actually from the city?!

I have never not been slagged for saying i'm from Limerick. Every smart arse wants to make a comment, even people from Dublin and Waterford, Cork, etc, which is ironic considering these places have plenty of problems too. So lately, when someone in Cork asks me where i'm from, to avoid the slagging and confrontation, i've gotten to saying i'm from County Limerick or West Limerick. It annoys me that they always presume i'm from the city! Do they not realise there is actually a county there too?!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Sometimes I just say im from Limerick followed by not the city. But in saying that its all Limerick at the end of the day. Despite what these people may think Limerick city is no worse than any other city in Ireland and far safer than Dublin.

But were not the only people who get slagged every time.
    I've never not once heard a person from Leitrim not getting slagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Ya, it used to piss me off a small bit, but you get used to it. hahaha, stab city, how original. you fecken eejit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Dante

Well your city counterparts don't exactly shed the county as a whole in good light!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Well your city counterparts don't exactly shed the county as a whole in good light!
    Well in that case Finglas, Ballyfermot, Ballymun, Tallaght, Clondalkin, Sherriff St, etc don't exactly shed your city as a whole in good light! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭NickCarraway

I'm from Co. Limerick, and when asked where I'm from I say "Limerick". Usually the person will make some reference to "Stab City" or that they should be careful around me as I may be dangerous or some such hilarious remark. My usual retort is to give them a condescending smile, complement them on their sparkling and original wit and play a little scene in my brain in which I slit their stupid, laughing throat (a la Scrubs).
    So while I can not honestly defend Limerick city's appalling record of crime and antisocial behavior, I can at least be grateful I am not one of those imbeciles from elsewhere who think they are being clever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭miders

UP THE TREATY!!!!!!!!!..........(COUNTY ...LOL!!!) IM FROM WEST LIMERICK!

Advertisement