Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours Dog driving me mad!!!

Options
  • 17-02-2009 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

I am six months pregnant and my neighbours dog is left out every day in their garden while they are at work...and he barks all day!
    I can handle it at the mo but the babies room will overlook their garden and I am afraid the baby wont sleep with the racket.
    Its a new area so I dont want to be at odds with my neighbours but dont know what I'm gonna do! I have a dog who is kept in doors and not allowed to create a racket that upsets anyone else. Help!! How can I handle this situation correctly???:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

By the time your child is sleeping in his/her own room the dog might have "escaped" from their garden maybe. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Sitting back to watch reaction to this with great interest!!!

;)

seanybiker wrote: »
    By the time your child is sleeping in his/her own room the dog might have "escaped" from their garden maybe. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭hardly work'n

I can understand your frustration!! It is tuff & gives good dog owners a bad name. If you look thru this forumn you will find loads & loads of posts by people who are so feed up with thier neighbours barking dogs. I happened upon an interesting site. It may be of some help to you. I can also understand you not wanting to confront your neighbours becouse that could make living next door to them difficult!! Try this link I hope it helps.

http://www.barkingdogs.net/soundremoteneighbor.shtml

sorella wrote: »
    Sitting back to watch reaction to this with great interest!!!

;)
    ha ha ha. I love animals meself. Just nobody answered in the two minutes the thread was started so i said i would throw something out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phsyche

may be the baby will treat it as background noise.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Phenix

maybe they are not aware the dog is barking all day. if they are approachable or if you have spoken to them before maybe you could say it to them? Stick a note under the door? When we got our dog we were concerned that he might be barking during the day when we were not in so we used to ask our neighbours!!

Phenix wrote: »
    maybe they are not aware the dog is barking all day. if they are approachable or if you have spoken to them before maybe you could say it to them? Stick a note under the door? When we got our dog we were concerned that he might be barking during the day when we were not in so we used to ask our neighbours!!
    If it was me i would rather someone call in instead of leaving a note in the door.

:D

seanybiker wrote: »
    ha ha ha. I love animals meself. Just nobody answered in the two minutes the thread was started so i said i would throw something out there.

Grand idea, and you are probably right that they have no idea. He will stop when they come home?

We did this once though; they left a wee Jack Russll tied up hours while they went off to dip the sheep.

He barked and howled the whole while; then stopped as soon as they returned.

We put a note through the door asking if they needed help as we were so worried when their sweet little dog barked all the while.

Was a rather belligerent response - but they sorted it.

Initially they did not believe us of course.
    Phenix wrote: »

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I can handle it at the mo but the babies room will overlook their garden and I am afraid the baby wont sleep with the racket.

Your baby will get used to it I'd imagine. When I was growing up our house was on a flight path to the airport. The windows used to rattle with the noise of the planes. On the plus side I can now sleep through anything. It might be a good thing:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement