Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girly hair nets student €3500

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

because you're honestly a pretty awful human being.

And you're a re-reg of that pain in the arse Rozie..turning everything into an issue of homophobia and cross-dressing.
    Like something out of the Young Ones really.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,366 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Degsy wrote: »
    Because they're schoolkids.
    When you're in school,no matter what you might think as a pale-faced,greasy-haired know-all schoolkid-you're not considered an adult and dont get to make adult decisions.
    Many a sixth year is legally an adult.

And what of people who return to school later in life?

So, if guys can't have beards / goatees / facial hair, when are they going to stop some women having the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,309 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

As i've said.
    As a child you dont,your parents and teachers are there to help you become an adult.
    When you're in school,no matter what you might think as a pale-faced,greasy-haired know-all schoolkid-you're not considered an adult and dont get to make adult decisions.
    Reinforces the Degsy-hates-kids opinion, really.
    Where,Mr Liberal,do you think we should draw the line at where kids can make thier own decisions?
    Maybe get rid of schools alltogether coz kids should be allowed to decide if they want to go?

YOU'RE STILL NOT READING WHAT I WROTE!!! So I quote myself part one!
    If kids were allowed to do as they pleased, you're right - there would be chaos. The point we're trying to make and the point you continuously coose to miss is that kids should at least have a say in the matter.

I quote myself part two!
    You've obviously got a completely groundless phobia about them having opinions. OR DO YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE TO BACK UP YOUR POINT?

Waht the fvck is your problem? I mean seriously - are you capable of reading what the person before you wrote? Or do you choose to ignore it because it completely fvcks up your argument? There's not much point in your taking part in a debate if you can't answer this question! At least a child knows how to listen to a point and respond accordingly.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

ikky Poo2 and degsy calm down or ill scream for a mod

Teutorix wrote: »
    ikky Poo2 and degsy calm down or ill scream for a mod

They never stepped in in the paedophile thread (and there was five or six of us then) and they ain't gonna do it now unless someone resorts to name calling

• Advertisement

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    They never stepped in in the paedophile thread (and there was five or six of us then) and they ain't gonna do it now unless someone resorts to name calling
    Fair enough, but be careful.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The sort of teenagers who want to grow thier hair long are the sort of people who create discipline problems in schools.
    A teacher cant be giving the job his full attention if there's some spotty,pasty-faced prat constantly fidgeting with his long greasy hair.
    What kindd of a mother would want her son to have long hair anyway?Either she's some sort of a political malcontent or she wants her son to grow up gay.

Me.
    And I don't care if my son grows up to be gay.
    Currently he is 11 and has a Beatles mop top, if he wishes to grow it longer
    I will support in in that it's his hair and his choice.

If a kid is bored in class and disruptive it has very little to do with his hair.

Both my kids have respect for the authortiy of adults and their teachers.
    You're wrong there.
    Its the "let kids do what they want and have no respect for authority or society" that creates the scumbag element.
    Generally speaking scumbags do NOT adhere to rules or respect authority or convention.
    This is usually due to the way thier parents fail to imbue them with sets of standards and morals.

Long or longish hair on a boy does not mean lack of respect and a moral
    upbringing, I have had far more hassle with knack kids with skin tight hair
    then those who have longer or long hair.

Generally speaking scumbag kids have short hair unless they one one of those
    tards who are trying to be second generation Limahl , spicers or what ever the fúck they call themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

And you'd support this discrimination too, because you're honestly a pretty awful human being.

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

They're completely incapable of making mature adult choices at that age.

Mature adult decisions like how to wear their hair?

So if stylish hair = mature I must be on my death bed by now :cool:

javaboy wrote: »
    Banned.
    Saw it comming a mile away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

thats discraceful, im in 6th year and if i was suspended for having long hair (which i dont) i would go crazy, so what if he had long hair, thats his choice

They never stepped in in the paedophile thread (and there was five or six of us then)

US being you and a few others supporting paedophilia,now you want kids to be allowed do what they want.
    How old are you?

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Me.
    And I don't care if my son grows up to be gay.
    Currently he is 11 and has a Beatles mop top, if he wishes to grow it longer
    I will support in in that it's his hair and his choice.

But its NOT his choice if the school objects to his mullet.
    You eiother get his hair cut,get expelled or kick up a song and dance over it like that stupid woman in the OP.
    If it was my kid,i'd just get it cut,its school,not a fashion parade for hippies.

US being you and a few others supporting paedophilia,now you want kids to be allowed do what they want.
    How old are you?

You know, when I saw you were the last person who posted on this thread, I thought "bet he's made something up off the top of his head and made a fool of himself again".
    I'd ask for some sort of evidence, but you never do.
    I'd also point out that I've said three times that it's about kids getting a say not doing what they want, but you never read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

As i've said.
    As a child you dont,your parents and teachers are there to help you become an adult.
    Where,Mr Liberal,do you think we should draw the line at where kids can make thier own decisions?
    Maybe get rid of schools alltogether coz kids should be allowed to decide if they want to go?

Sorry Degsy, there was some horse**** on that post.

You're parents are there to raise you. It's their job to raise their kids right and teach them manners, the difference between right and wrong, and instill the right values in you etc...

The school is there to give you an aducation. And that's it.

Schools is not there to tell you how you should look, what religion to believe in (wishful thinking), and what type of person you shoud be. It isn't the military, it's kids that need an education and that's where the role of a school should stop. The fact that the school even kicked up this amount of fuss over a students haircut is a ****ing joke and I think they look like the biggest fools in this whole scenario.

Wagon wrote: »
    The fact that the mother kickedp this amount of fuss over a students haircut is a ****ing joke and I think they look like the biggest fools in this whole scenario.

FYP

I'd ask for some sort of evidence, but you never do.
    I'd also point out that I've said three times that it's about kids getting a say not doing what they want, but you never read.

Evidence of what?
    What sort of say should a kid have then?"Would you like to have long hair in school?"...whats a kid going to say to that?
    Start making some sense ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

FYP

No you didn't you naughty boy! All you did was take the correct word out and replace with with a mispelling of 'kicked up'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

The guy should have looked up at the crucifix no doubt hanging on that retarded prinipal's wall and said, "Maybe Jesus wanted to be a girl too..."

Evidence of what?
    What sort of say should a kid have then?"Would you like to have long hair in school?"...whats a kid going to say to that?
    Start making some sense ffs.

Evidence of the supporting paedohilia, remember? Anyway, back on topic: THANK YOU for FINALLY acknowledging that fact that I didn't say kids should be allowed to do what they wanted, after ignoring it three times. Was it really really really that hard?

I'd like to hear what the kid in question would say myself. My point being - and hear we get to the crux of the debate - I'M CAPABLE OF LISTENING TO PEOPLE!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Schools are or should be,strict educational establishments with strict rules to create an environment that kids can learn in.If you let them have a say on certain matters the schools will lose discipline and will be impossible to run..

And why should something like hair lenth be added to the rules etc? Whats the point?
    they can grow thier hair long and stick bones through thier noses WHEN THEY LEAVE.

Why can't they do it when they're there......
    As i've said.
    Maybe get rid of schools alltogether coz kids should be allowed to decide if they want to go? .

Whats that got to do with hair and hair length? Is hair intrinsically linked to societal stability?
    you and a few others supporting paedophilia.

I suggest you support that allegation with links, or withdraw it immediately.
    But its NOT his choice if the school objects to his mullet.
    You eiother get his hair cut,get expelled or kick up a song and dance over it like that stupid woman in the OP..

It was the school that launched the song and dance routine. Over something which is entirely trivial.

- I'M CAPABLE OF LISTENING TO PEOPLE!

So should parents of kids AND the kids themselves when they're told long hair isnt allowed.
    School is not and should not be a democracy.

Nodin wrote: »
    And why should something like hair lenth be added to the rules etc? Whats the point?

Why can't they do it when they're there......

Whats that got to do with hair and hair length? Is hair intrinsically linked to societal stability?

I suggest you support that allegation with links, or withdraw it immediately.

It was the school that launched the song and dance routine. Over something which is entirely trivial.

One word.

Discipline.

Can you understand the concept?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note."

• Registered Users Posts: 31,845 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That school is about 20 mins from where I am from and we have had 2-3 people move from there to our school coz of bullying and and ridiculous rules...
    One guy I know started first year there in 2007, he comtemplated suicide coz people were slagging him about his hair and his music tastes. His teachers did nothing to help him. Now he has short hair, is in to rap and crap like that and is definitely not the nice guy he was. He should have changed school too, not himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Jeez, I wouldn't cut my hair, its all I've got!

Still, if it was longer then shoulder length then it would be girly, but the school handled that in a really laughable way.

So should parents of kids AND the kids themselves when they're told long hair isnt allowed.
    School is not and should not be a democracy.

Listening is part of communication, communication is 2-way. This is very basic stuff, Degsy, you should know this by now.
    One word.

Discipline.

Out of interest, how do you define "discipline"?

But why shouldn't it be?
    One word.

Discipline.

And why should hair length and the like be a matter of "discipline"? Whats the massive significance?

Wheres your back up to your earlier allegations concering paedophiilia?

Nodin wrote: »
    But why shouldn't it be?

And why should hair length and the like be a matter of "discipline"? Whats the massive significance?

Tell you what,why dont you go round the local shools and ask the principles about why they have rules.
    Assuming the police arent called the minute you're spotted you should get some answers!

• Advertisement

Tell you what,why dont you go round the local shools and ask the principles about why they have rules.

You're the one defending rules concerning hair and the like, therefore presumably you should know why.

Wheres your backup of allegations of support for paedophillia? Or can we just cut to the chase and brand you a liar...?

Advertisement