Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girly hair nets student €3500

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,309 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Nodin wrote: »
    Wheres your back up to your earlier allegations concering paedophiilia?

Cold day in hell, tbh. Degsy just has his ignorant little fantasises. It's a pity he doesn't practice some self-discipline when he posts.
    Degsy wrote: »
    Tell you what,why dont you go round the local shools and ask the principles about why they have rules.
    Assuming the police arent called the minute you're spotted you should get some answers!

There were more than a few long-haired male students in the two secondary schools I attended. Principals had no problem maintaining order and discipline. Why wouldn't they?

And still waiting for your definition of discipline.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    And still waiting for your definition of discipline.

I'm going out on a limb and assuming it's the following every single rule thrown at you whether you agree with it or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Meh.
    Schools have rules.
    The same as they have uniforms.
    A rule could be "No long,girly,poofy hair for blokes".
    You have to obey the rules or send your kid somewhere else.

If you try to get into the Shelbourne wearing a pair of pajamas they'll tell you they have a rule about appropriate atire.
    If you walk into a pub in your underpants they'll tell you that its against the rules.
    If you have long hair in school that forbids it they'll tell you you're in breach of the rules.
    Its really very simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Meh.
    Schools have rules.
    You have to obey the rules or send your kid somewhere else.

Can you make a sound argument for having a rule like that? What exactly is the REASON for no 'longhairs'?

TBH, schools mostly don't have a problem with this nowadays.

Meh.

The most comprehensive thing you've said so far.

The rest is your usual rehashed garbage which has been appropriately ridiculed elsewhere in the thread on numerous occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Meh.

You just don't like long hair on lads yourself and that's why your siding with the school. Otherwise you would have just said "No long hair for blokes". Poofy doesn't come into it as doesn't mean they're gay. That's your opinion (which frankly, nobody cares about) and the rest of the arguments that you've spouted off are an absolute joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

What exactly is the REASON for no 'longhairs'?.

It indicates an essential lack of backbone, and a worrying propensity to elect for self-harm and poetry instead of manly pursuits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Flame bait again?

Why should hair length or style be regulated? Try answering that.
    If you try to get into the Shelbourne wearing a pair of pajamas they'll tell you they have a rule about appropriate atire.
    If you walk into a pub in your underpants they'll tell you that its against the rules.
    If you have long hair in school that forbids it they'll tell you you're in breach of the rules.

If you were to alledge without foundation the condoning of paedophillia IRL, they'll either take you to court, or do something equally unpleasant.

Wheres the back up to your earlier post?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭bob123456

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Can you make a sound argument for having a rule like that? What exactly is the REASON for no 'longhairs'?

Its a rule, why does there have to be a sound reason for it?

Why do the Catholic Church not allow wimmin priests? Not because they have a sound argument for it, but because they are an organisation who see it best to run the system without wimmin priests - that is their choice.

Equally it is your choice as to whether you wish to become a member of the Catholic Church - knowing that they have this pesky rule about wimmin priests.

If you want to see there being no rule against having long hair - set up your own school and make it so. I'm not being silly about it, but instead of trying to change the world to suit yourself, why not do your own thing and be happy with that.

• Advertisement

connundrum wrote: »

Why do the Catholic Church not allow wimmin priests? Not because they have a sound argument for it, but because they are an organisation who see it best to run the system without wimmin priests - that is their choice.

Equally it is your choice as to whether you wish to become a member of the Catholic Church - knowing that they have this pesky rule about wimmin priests.

If you want to see there being no rule against having long hair - set up your own school and make it so. I'm not being silly about it, but instead of trying to change the world to suit yourself, why not do your own thing and be happy with that.

Rules for rules sake, eh...?

Catholic Church is a prime example: they stuck to their guns on a pointless "rule", ignored people's opinions, people left, institution now in decline.

The only people who have anything to gain by the "rules" irrespective ofwhwther they make sense or not, are those insecure types who feel the need to control people.

Case in point, the catholic church again.

Catholic Church is a prime example: they stuck to their guns on a pointless "rule", ignored people's opinions, people left, institution now in decline.

The only people who have anything to gain by the "rules" irrespective ofwhwther they make sense or not, are those insecure types who feel the need to control people.

Case in point, the catholic church again.

Your (incredibly annoying)location states that you're in Berlin,right?
    If you beleive so much in flaunting rules,go up and give a nazi salute to a policeman and see what happens.

Flame bait again?

Why should hair length or style be regulated? Try answering that.

As i've said,a school principle would answer that question far better than me but if i was pushed i would imagine it has somethig to do with controlling the spread of headlice amongst the children...if not that it probably harkens back to the days when long hair was seen as subversive.
    or maybe it could be that it just looks plain stupid on male children
    http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/7/6/8/5/13735867-13735869-large.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

If you beleive so much in flaunting rules,go up and give a nazi salute to a policeman and see what happens.

Whats that got to do with hair length in schools?
    As i've said,a school principle would answer that question far better than me but if i was pushed i would imagine it has somethig to do with controlling the spread of headlice amongst the children.

So you don't know?

...if not that it probably harkens back to the days when long hair was seen as subversive..

So your second guess is that its dated?
    or maybe it could be that it just looks plain stupid on male children..

...according to you.

Wheres your back up for your allegations of support of paedophillia?
    Or are you just lying for the laugh.....

Why is my (incredibly annoying) location so annoying?
    And waht does it have to do with the length of hair?
    Wheres your back up for your allegations of support of paedophillia? (It ain't gonna go away, you know!)
    As i've said,a school principle would answer that question far better than me but if i was pushed i would imagine it has somethig to do with controlling the spread of headlice amongst the children...if not that it probably harkens back to the days when long hair was seen as subversive.
    or maybe it could be that it just looks plain stupid on male children
    http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/7/6/8/5/13735867-13735869-large.jpg
    In your opinion.
    Of couese, for you, these days still exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Get bought a beer and invited to join a movement to annex Poland again?

Whats that got to do with hair length in schools?

So you don't know?

So your second guess is that its dated?

So why do you think it shouldnt be banned?
    headlice is a good reason it should be banned..YOU tell me otherwise.

So why do you think it shouldnt be banned?
    headlice is a good reason it should be banned..YOU tell me otherwise.

Pathetic. Unless you're advocating short hair for ALL students, as girls are just as likely (if not more) to get headlice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

connundrum wrote: »

Rules must be intellectually justified, especially in something like a school. Otherwise discrimination happens. What if there was a 'whites only' rule? Would you still hold that position of, "Well, rules are rules- don't like them, go somewhere else"..?

Dunmore Community School is not a private school AFAIK. And it's not just about the rule - the principal asked him if he wanted to be a girl. That's bullying. And particularly disgraceful when directed at a kid, and coming from an authority figure.

Why is my (incredibly annoying) location so annoying?
    And waht does it have to do with the length of hair?
    Wheres your back up for your allegations of support of paedophillia? (It ain't gonna go away, you know!)

In your opinion.
    Of couese, for you, these days still exist

I just find "Hot,sexy baaadaas Berlin,baby" annoying.
    Like anybody cares where your posting from or that they would be impressed by that annoying description of teh city.
    Anyhoo.
    You're the one who doesnt belive in rules and i'm telling you to put your money where your mouth is..go and be baaadass in berlin,baby.

• Advertisement

I just find "Hot,sexy baaadaas Berlin,baby" annoying.
    Like anybody cares where your posting from or that they would be impressed by that annoying description of teh city.
    Anyhoo.
    You're the one who doesnt belive in rules and i'm telling you to put your money where your mouth is..go and be baaadass in berlin,baby.

What's this got to do with long hair?
    Where'd I say I dont believe in rules (AGAIN!!)

Pathetic. Unless you're advocating short hair for ALL students, as girls are just as likely (if not more) to get headlice.

Tell that to the principal if you ever have kids and the school forbids blokes to have long hair.
    If you have aproblem with the rules take the kid somewhere else.
    Better yet,start a petition amongst internet-liberals who dont have children as to why kids should be allowed do what they like in school,i'm sure teachers AND parents will thank you equally.

Looks pretty anti rules to me:rolleyes:

Tell that to the principal if you ever have kids and the school forbids blokes to have long hair.
    If you have aproblem with the rules take the kid somewhere else.
    Better yet,start a petition amongst internet-liberals who dont have children as to why kids should be allowed do what they like in school,i'm sure teachers AND parents will thank you equally.

They won't be going there. They'll be going to a proper school that values what's inside their heads and not some pointless meaningless aspect of physical appearance.
    Looks pretty anti rules to me:rolleyes:

Then, you really are as blind and ignorant as I first thought. And seeing as you are incapable of reading, replying, staying on topic and coming up with any semblance of a coherent argument, I'm unsubscribing. PM me if you have do and we'll continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I get the feeling there are a lot of long hair & bearded males on boards.. judging from some thread responses and pics uploaded to various sub forums by members..

Is it a trend ? Is it just boards? Is it becoming more commonplace nowadays (again)? (maybe this needs a thread of its own)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I took one look at the thread title a week ago and knew it was going to be a twenty-page sh1tstorm.

They won't be going there. They'll be going to a proper school that values what's inside their heads and not some pointless meaningless aspect of physical appearance.

And they'll be coming home crying after being picked on over their ridiculous hairstyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

So maybe the school shouldn't have made him cut his hair, and maybe the kid should've stopped going for the feminine look. The school has their rules and he has his reasons. The thing that confuses me is why did he get €3500 for breaking rules?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Pace2008 wrote: »
    I took one look at the thread title a week ago and knew it was going to be a twenty-page sh1tstorm.

Aye, it's been a grade A preformance from one of AH's most entertaining and bloody minded curmudgeons.

• Advertisement

Notorious wrote: »
    So maybe the school shouldn't have made him cut his hair, and maybe the kid should've stopped going for the feminine look. The school has their rules and he has his reasons. The thing that confuses me is why did he get €3500 for breaking rules?

Its a disgrace.
    His mother was worse for inciting the whole thing,either put up with the rules or piss off and act the girl somewhere else.

Advertisement