Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girly hair nets student €3500

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Degsy wrote: »
    Its a disgrace.
    His mother was worse for inciting the whole thing,either put up with the rules or piss off and act the girl somewhere else.

Perhaps Rosa Parks should have found a different bus then. Discrimination has many forms, and in case you didn't know, one's hair grows against one's will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Perhaps Rosa Parks should have found a different bus then. Discrimination has many forms

I feel that a Rubicon (of credulity) has been crossed here.

Perhaps the lad should set up a chapter of the black panthers over in Galway.

My point is simple. Discrimination happens. Sometimes it's built into the 'rules'.

Whether or not the kid 'looks stupid' is irrelevant. The question is, should a school discriminate based on appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Get trolled less for f*ck's sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

I think from what the teacher said and did he was entitled to get money.

If a rule is unfair or reasonable it don't see why he should follow it.

Treating pupils like prisoner will make them act like ones.I personally had long hair at one point and it didn't effect my ability to work in either school or industry.

I doubt my parents would or should have supported me as his mother did but the school acted in a equally unreasonable manner. They tried the same stuff when I was in school and I simply refused and a teacher said he would cut it off when he got the chance and I said I'd have him charged with assault if he did. He never threaten me like that again but persisted with references to me being girly and gay. I eventually mentioned him being bald and he went nuts as I guess he was waiting for me to do and gave me a months detention. I didn't go and he never said anything so I am pretty sure somebody said something to the principle or he realised on his own that I had never really done anything. You should be allowed express yourself when you are younger as it will be the only time you really can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

So why do you think it shouldnt be banned?

Because its utterly irrelevant to academic pursuits. Perhaps had you spent lest time worrying about hair, your ability to think logically wouldn't have been permanently stunted.
    You're the one who doesnt belive in rules and i'm telling you to put your money where your mouth is..go and be baaadass in berlin,baby.

I really can't understand, given the relatively trivial remark somebody was banned for a few pages back, how you're allowed away with false allegations of support for Paedophillia and this.
    Better yet,start a petition amongst internet-liberals who dont have children

And what allows you to know who has children here and who doesnt?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Perhaps Rosa Parks should have found a different bus then. Discrimination has many forms, and in case you didn't know, one's hair grows against one's will.

What in blue fcuck have you been smoking?:confused:

Next you'll be telling me
    "Hair are your ariels..they pick up signals form the cosmos and transmit them directly into the brain"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Kipperhell wrote: »
    I doubt my parents would or should have supported me as his mother did but the school acted in a equally unreasonable manner. They tried the same stuff when I was in school and I simply refused and a teacher said he would cut it off when he got the chance and I said I'd have him charged with assault if he did. He never threaten me like that again but persisted with references to me being girly and gay. I eventually mentioned him being bald and he went nuts as I guess he was waiting for me to do and gave me a months detention. I didn't go and he never said anything so I am pretty sure somebody said something to the principle or he realised on his own that I had never really done anything. You should be allowed express yourself when you are younger as it will be the only time you really can.

Do you see the trouble that resulted from you having long hair?
    YOu could have been expelled too...would it just not be easier to obey the rules untill you leave school.

What in blue fcuck have you been smoking?:confused:

Next you'll be telling me
    "Hair are your ariels..they pick up signals form the cosmos and transmit them directly into the brain"

You wha?

And you ask me what I'VE been smoking...

Advertisement