Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedor to meet UFC

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Big Wave wrote: »
    :rolleyes: WTF are you talking about? Elaborate, please. Lesnar and who else?
    Fozzy wrote: »
    Maybe Tim Sylvia back in the day. Funny how no one complained about his weight back then. Also how no one complains about a guy like Thiago Alves who always outweighs his opponents. He's just applauded for his ability to cut weight

He pretty much conceeded his point lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Big Wave

Fozzy wrote: »
    Maybe Tim Sylvia back in the day. Funny how no one complained about his weight back then. Also how no one complains about a guy like Thiago Alves who always outweighs his opponents. He's just applauded for his ability to cut weight

So, Tim Sylvia, who is gone ages now, and Thiago Alves, who failed to make weight for the Matt Hughes fight - THAT means UFC is turning into WWE with jakked-up athletes? :confused: And you don't think the previous generation looked more jakked up: Coleman, Randleman, Kerr, Goodridge, etc?
    Either way, Kazooie's statement doesn't even make sense, because nobody would be in the UFC if they couldn't fight at an elite level anyway, so it's not as if they can just choose to push a bodybuilder with no ability!

rovert wrote: »
    He pretty much conceeded his point lads.
    Who conceeded who's point?

Who conceeded who's point?

The poster who posted the post you replied to, Kazooie. He conceeded his own point before you ever replied to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

My Point about it turning into the WWE is that it's becoming more sports entertainment than sport itself. I wasn't saying that they now have lots of fights with unfair weight differences. Lesnar - Couture just happened to be the biggest difference there's been in a fight in the UFC. I just put two different gripes I have in the one sentence. ;)

I realise that they need to make money by selling pay per views but if they're not carefull it will be to the detrament of MMA.

• Advertisement

The poster who posted the post you replied to, Kazooie. He conceeded his own point before you ever replied to it.
    Where?

Where?

Christ this again, post #15 mate.

Christ this again, post #15 mate.
    I saw post #15 - where does he concede that UFC isn't becoming like WWE? All he does is agree that Pride liked their 'David v Goliath' battles, and that Fedor doesn't have anything to prove in UFC. At no point did he concede his original post.

I saw post #15 - where does he concede that UFC isn't becoming like WWE? All he does is agree that Pride liked their 'David v Goliath' battles, and that Fedor doesn't have anything to prove in UFC. At no point did he concede his original post.

*Bangs head against wall*

Yes he did, he said fair point to my post which was a response to his original post which he stated UFC was becoming like WWE. He thought the weight differentials were WWEesque. I pointed to PRIDE and said fair point. Unlike you he moved on.

*Bangs head against wall*

Yes he did, he said fair point to my post which was a response to his original post which he stated UFC was becoming like WWE. He thought the weight differentials were WWEesque. I pointed to PRIDE and said fair point. Unlike you he moved on.
    Right, so the part where he said "fair point" in agreement with your Pride statement, means he took back his statement that UFC was turning into WWE? I see... I guess I just took that to mean that he agrees with your Pride analogy - I'm so stupid.

• Advertisement

Right, so the part where he said "fair point" in agreement with your Pride statement, means he took back his statement that UFC was turning into WWE? I see... I guess I just took that to mean that he agrees with your Pride analogy - I'm so stupid.

I suggested to him that PRIDE was a better analogy than the one he used (WWE)and he agreed that is it end of the story. Can we talk about something else other than a week old post now?

Jess, get over it - you're like a broken record.

Jess, get over it - you're like a broken record.

Didnt I just say the same thing :rolleyes:

So anyway Fedor remember him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

:mad::mad::mad::mad: What is this ****. You guys should know better. Will take further action on this later. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement