Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Objection to Balbriggan VEC

Options
  • 17-02-2009 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all,

Sorry if this thread should be above but that section seems to have gone quiet/un-noticed. Living in the town (4 years) but still trying to figure out how it works and the politics.
    To my amazement I heard last night that there is an objection to an "Adult Education " VEC in the town (This after Fingal County Council granted permission in November). At a time for the need for upskilling/re-education in the area this seems wrong. Could be 4/5 month wait on decision from Bord Pleanala.

Would have thought it was what the town needed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

In case anyone doesn't realise the location for this adult eduction building it's on Mill Street above Dominos Pizza and The Old Mill Cafe. The permission granted by FCC and under appeal to An Bord Pleanala is to Change of use from existing offices to an Educational Use to facilitate Youth & Adult Education - Day & Evening Classes (8 rooms) to be provided.

The initial object and subsequent appeal is coming from, wait for it...Dominos. Their objection is based on, wait for it...due to lack of on street parking mainly in the evening time, of course they fail to even mention the two large car parks right beside their premises.

I wonder do the people who are objecting to this even know Balbriggan, their shop and it's surrounding. It's almost comical. Peter, Kevin and Turlough Blessing (Dominios franchise owners) you should be ashamed of yourself.

I'd nearly go as far as to ask people to boycott Dominos in Balbriggan over this misguided appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Bloody Hell.
    Take it as Domino's Boycotted from this poster :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mimosacriminal

Obviously profit before people (Balbriggan)!!!!

http://www.ananova.com/business/story/sm_3203208.html

Hope the link works - Dominos announce record profits today.

Bit of a cheap stunt to pull on the town by a business only here a wet weekend. The town always seems to get s**t on. Havent used Donimos , certainly wont now if that is how little they think of us.

"Lack of Parking" - Would some one please direct them to the public car park 25 metres away which is practically empty after 6pm.

Rant Over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Happy to oblige the boycott. Lets all keep libero's in business. I'm sure its feeling the pinch with all there new pizza places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 citycentregirl

Thanks Bluetonic for filling in the missing info.

Surely Dominos would be the ones to benefit most from the arrival of potential customers to their doorstep (VEC) 5 days a week. Is there anything happening around the town to try and remidy the situation?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

100& convinced An Bord Pleanala will laugh out the appeal.

FCC didn't even bother to make any reference to it in the conditions of granting permission so that'll tell you how relevant it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 japzeye

I have had the misfortune of dealing with the the Blessing brothers (they own the domino's in Navan aswell) not nice people at all. How stupid can these guy's be??? If i owned a pizza shop,I'd be bloody delighted to have a school nearby. I will definately boycott them from now on,lets all support Liberos and mizzoni,both great pizza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 japzeye

Hi everyone,
    I was just on the fingal county council website and am delighted to see that Domino's(Balbriggan) have failed to stop North Dublin VEC moving into their new premises on Mill Street. As I may have posted before,I have had the misfortune to deal with the Blessing brothers that run Domino's in Balbriggan, <snip>. What the hell were they trying to do by objecting in the first place? Hopefully the VEC will finally get going soon,some positive news in these hard times.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Good News there:)
    I think Balbriggan will benefit hugely from this new facility.

Advertisement