Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHS to DVD?

Options
  • 17-02-2009 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Any ideas lads and ladies? Oh and if you know if they only do copyrighted material, let me know too please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Anto McC wrote: »
    Any ideas lads and ladies? Oh and if you know if they only do copyrighted material, let me know too please.

Anto, there's a place in the same building as where I work, I'm on my lunch at 2, so I'll pop down and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Any luck there boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

I HAVE BEING TRANSFARING MY OLD VHSC TAPES FOR THE LAST 2/3 MONTHS ONTO DVD VIA A SONY UNIT.I have also done a few old Bruce LEE MOVIES.Takes forever.Not doing it for profit ,just my own collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sorry Anto, I got sidelined yesterday.

I just popped down there now.

A standard 3 Hour VHS Tape would cost €80 to transfer to DVD is what they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there used to be a stall in the frascati shopping centre in blackrock that did it. the stall closed donkeys years ago but the candle shop beside the newsagents took over the business, drop in to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SGTdewdew

cheapest you'll get to zap VHS to DVDR is about €20 per hour!
    (it used to be £80!)
    If ye have a few tapes, that'll rack up to the same amount
    you'll pay for a DVD Recorder.
    They cheap, I'd recommend any PHILIPS HDD recorder (lets you record yer VHS to the Hard Disk - then ye can edit it - start and end, chop out ads etc - and then burn to disk).
    The DVD disc recorders are fine, but if yer tape messes up - ye gotta bin
    the disc yer burning to and start again.
    There's also 'macro-vision/copy protection' to contend with too :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

**** that.
    I have all six seasons of Oz on vhs..itd be a LOT cheaper for me to buy the box set.

Fair play for the responses lads, might try that place in Frascati. The video i want converted is a Documentry taped off the History Channel so it'd be copyrighted. It's 2 hours long.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Advertisement

Fair play,i might go that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sculljam

hi ,
    did you ever get sorted out with the VHS to dvd problem ?
    I agree with the others.
    Either buy a Hard drive Recorder with the cables around 200 euros from philips.
    or I know someone who could do them for you for less than that price.
    sculljam@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

If you didn't get it done yet THIS guy does it very cheaply. He's in the Finglas area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Rashers wrote: »
    If you didn't get it done yet THIS guy does it very cheaply. He's in the Finglas area.
    Never knew he done that but he's the man for anything I've ever needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 robdig

il do it for €25 i hav all the equipment to do it

Advertisement