Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AYA closed down

• 17-02-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

:( According to its website anyway. Shame - I really liked their "lazy afternoon" offers.

www.aya.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I thought it looked closed when I went by a week and a bit ago at lunchtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

Not even a warning. Yamamori will rake it in now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I noticed that about a fortnight/month. Thought it odd that there were no notices in the window or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

we'll survive, it was an awful restaurant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

"Overpriced restaurant closes down in recession" shocker ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

It used to be great. I've eaten there a bit over the past few months and it was poor quality.

Sad to see them go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NibNib

It is true the quality of their food had gone down. Sometimes it was actually awful.

I used to love their lazy afternoon offers and also the sushi 55. But the quality had gone so bad I had stopped going.

Still sad to see them go though... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

Good. The number of people (me included) that were being poisoned by Aya was getting ridiculous. They were selling rancid food/allowing plates to go around the conveyor belt all day and I'm glad to see them close before they make someone severely ill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark_lord_ire

used to enjoy the place the food was fine sometimes. But was very overpriced, yo while also expensive gives out amazing food. However yamamori (the one on ormond quay) always was and still is the best value for what you get. I wish we had Japanese everywhere :D I do go off my nut when I visit home a horrid sweet and sour from a Chinese is as wild as Waterford people get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mazza

Good to see Aya gone! :D

Ate there about 18 months ago - was looking forward to it for a special occasion, but was really annoyed at how bad it was.

The sushi was only OK and not really fresh as you'd expect, really overpriced, bad service, disinterested staff, confusing pricing, constant upsell.

Bye bye!

• Advertisement
Advertisement