Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's going to the Carling Cup Final?

Options
  • 17-02-2009 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey guys. I'm walking around smiling from ear to ear that I got tickets for this years final. Just wondering who else here is going to the Carling Cup Final?

And any predictions on how it's going to turn out..

Are we gonna retain the Cup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Joycee wrote: »
    Hey guys. I'm walking around smiling from ear to ear that I got tickets for this years final. Just wondering who else here is going to the Carling Cup Final?

no ticket yet but i've a good chance of getting one so fingers crossed.

i fear we could be hammered. i see a final something like leeds v villa in 96. close enuff early on but ended up a very one sided 3-0 :(
    that would be a no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Just wondering if anyone will be in London on the day/night before the cup final. Thinking of heading down to the Covent Garden for pints.
    Give us a shout if you fancy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

would love to make it, but unfortunately wont be there!:(
    Man u are 2/5 to win, while we're 7/4! (boylesprts) and i have to 'unfortunatley' agree! dont think we'll have the ability to beat them! BUT, i will be hoping and praying to everyone that a bloody hell a performance comes out and we take the cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Who would have thought we would beat Chelsea last year..no one gave us a chance then either..

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

I suspect Manure have limited interest in this pot - will in all probability field players like Darren Gibson.

I think we have every chance of beating them - it was only 2-1 at OT and we adopted crap defensive tactics.

No chance last year either but .....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

tippspur wrote: »
    Who would have thought we would beat Chelsea last year..no one gave us a chance then either..

true but we've gone backwards since then and man u are a harder team to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Im going over for it too. Im flying over on the Sunday morning and coming home the Sunday night, cant stay due to work.

Also, whats the quickest way to/from Wembley from Gatwick ? Is it Gatwick Express to Victoria, then Victoria Line to Westminster, and Jubilee Line to Wembley ??

A lot depends on what team they play. If Ferdinand and Vidic play, it will be very hard to break them down. On the other hand , if they dont play Berbatov Tevez Rooney or Ronaldo, we have a chance......although I cant see them leaving all of them out. At a guess, Tevez and Berbatov will play with the other 2 on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Im going over for it too. Im flying over on the Sunday morning and coming home the Sunday night, cant stay due to work.

Also, whats the quickest way to/from Wembley from Gatwick ? Is it Gatwick Express to Victoria, then Victoria Line to Westminster, and Jubilee Line to Wembley ??

Train to Gatwick is your best bet, just watch the difference in price between the Express and the normal mainline service (£23 vs £11 according to Natiional Rail site)

Quickest route after that is:

Vic line from Victoria to Green Park
    Jubilee Line from Green Park to Baker Street
    Metropolitan Line from Baker Street to Wembley Park

There's a lot less stops between Baker Street and Wembley on the Metropolitan.

What flight you out on? I'm flying into Gatwick as well.

Train to Gatwick is your best bet, just watch the difference in price between the Express and the normal mainline service (£23 vs £11 according to Natiional Rail site)

Quickest route after that is:

Vic line from Victoria to Green Park
    Jubilee Line from Green Park to Baker Street
    Metropolitan Line from Baker Street to Wembley Park

There's a lot less stops between Baker Street and Wembley on the Metropolitan.

What flight you out on? I'm flying into Gatwick as well.

Im flying out early doors, 6.40am with Aer Lingus, is that your one ?

Did'nt realise the price difference in the Express and National Rail, good man ! Is there much time difference, as this may be vital going back to Gatwick ! I'll take your advice regarding the trip from Victoria to Wembley, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Im flying out early doors, 6.40am with Aer Lingus, is that your one ?

Yes mate, see you on it!
    Did'nt realise the price difference in the Express and National Rail, good man ! Is there much time difference, as this may be vital going back to Gatwick ! I'll take your advice regarding the trip from Victoria to Wembley, cheers.

National Rail website says between 2 and 10 minutes difference in favour of the Express, depending on what service you get.

Can do a journey plan here:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

What time you flying home at?

• Advertisement

Yes mate, see you on it!

National Rail website says between 2 and 10 minutes difference in favour of the Express, depending on what service you get.

Can do a journey plan here:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

What time you flying home at?

Sound, might have a pint at the Airport so !!

Due to fly home at 9.00pm from Gatwick with Ryanair, will have checked in online already !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

No ticket...............:(

Think we will loose, unless they put out weak team

See above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jh_45

I dont suppose anyone knows of any spare tickets going for the final or where I might get some for less than €200??

I am over in London that weekend anyway so booked my flight back on the Monday in the hope that I can get a ticket. Any help or info would be gratefully accepted.

As for our chances - I wouldnt write us off! We gave Utd a good match in the league recently and with a weakened side that they say they will put out I think we will do ok. I agree with the 2-1 prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

We always give the big teams a game, it's the mid tablers that seem to kick the sh*t out of us. Don't see any reason why we couldn't do ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Just wondering if anyone will be in London on the day/night before the cup final. Thinking of heading down to the Covent Garden for pints.
    Give us a shout if you fancy it.

Shane, would love to but dont get to hotel -hilton paddington until 8.00 and as I have the youngfella with me unfortunately it will be just a few pints in the hotel for me. Sure thats not what you are looking for mate but your very welcome to head up to us for a couple of scoops.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭holmyster

Also over in London this weekend. would love to go watch spurs stuff united!!!!!!!!!!

Again if anyone knows where i can come across a ticket let me know, otherwise i'm going to boring boring arsenal v fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Shane, would love to but dont get to hotel -hilton paddington until 8.00 and as I have the youngfella with me unfortunately it will be just a few pints in the hotel for me. Sure thats not what you are looking for mate but your very welcome to head up to us for a couple of scoops.

cheers

Thanks very much for the kind offer Mark. I'll give you a shout on Sat when we've all arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

I have snagged some last second tickets.....Yeah......with the united supporters...C@<K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Zagorkagirl

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but, if we lose on Sunday will we still qualify for next season's UEFA cup? (I'm assuming manure will win the league).

Zag

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but, if we lose on Sunday will we still qualify for next season's UEFA cup? (I'm assuming manure will win the league).

Zag

No the place goes the 6th place league finisher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

just finished work n am packing my bags for the trip. 3 jerseys, one for fri night one for sat and one for super sunday! get in there

Advertisement