Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useless Eircom

Options
  • 17-02-2009 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Bit of a rant. I have been having problems with eircom the last couple of weeks, at first it just started out with the phone line coming and going for the last few weeks. It seemed to sort it self until the phone finally went kaput last week. We made a few phone calls to Eircom during the week then someone eventually came to the house to fix the line, so he came done a few things said he had to go to the exchange to see what the problem was. So off he went, only now what ever did has knocked off our broadband as well. That was a few days ago now and still know body has shown back up, so more calls have been made to eircom since and all we keep getting from them is that they won't be able to tell us when or phone and internet will be back on.

Has anyone else had any similar problems with eircom?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I believe eircom have a timeframe they must follow to resolve phone faults, failing to folloow this and your entitled to compensation...though I could be wrong

What happens you you request a timeframe for when your phone will be sorted out?

Don't worry about the broadband, your phone needs to be working before anyone will look at the broadband side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Well i'm thinking if one gets fixed the other will be sorted with it. the broadband was working before the engineer came out to the house the other day. Then after he left without fixing anything the broadband had stoped working so I would expect them to fix it seeing as its their fault its not working in the frist place.

Advertisement