Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycled Rubber Equestrian Footing

Options
  • 17-02-2009 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hey guys, i'm not a horse man (although i do love them i don't own any) but i have an equestrian related question. My fiance is studying canine behaviour and psychology part time in an agri college in the UK. she makes a few trips there a year with one of our dogs for practical training lessons.

Prob is; while there the enclosures they do their exams in; use equestrian recycled rubber footing and it kinda freaks our golden out. shes a sensitive soul and gets thrown quite easily really my things outside her normal daily exposure.

So the proposed fix to the problem is to build our own training arena with the same flooring so that it is normal to her and not so off putting when it comes to exam time.

Can anyone tell me where i can get this recycled rubber footing in Ireland (Cork preferably) and any idea of price per square meter, i'll prob only build a 5m x 5m in the garden.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 eegeet

Try Crumb Rubber, Dromiskin, Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Skillie

eegeet wrote: »
    Try Crumb Rubber, Dromiskin, Dundalk.

Thanks will give them a buzz, it seems there are lots of different types so i need to do a bit more investigation to find out which type the college uses before i waste money buying the wrong one. Herself things its more like strips or shreds than granules which seems to be the most common on the websites i've looked at

Advertisement