Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playing in your teams stadium.

• 17-02-2009 12:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I've had a season ticket for ATFC for like, ever.

On friday a load of us from the supporters club/trust are playing a fund raising game, we all pay money to play in Lissywollen, under the flood lights.

I can't fecking wait, that pitch is the best kept in Ireland by a country mile, gonna be fecking great!

We've already raised something like 2.3 k and will raise more on the night.

This is gonna be great...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

You can play on my local teams pitch everyday of the week.. bar sunday, unless they're playing away.

Its great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Played in Oriel Park a few times myself. Their rates are very reasonable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Played in Oriel Park a few times myself. Their rates are very reasonable.

But isnt that like, fake grass?

Athlone (and especially the grounds man) are very protective of ther surface and have always been known to have the best surface in the league, especially since the move to Lissywollen.

I think it's gonna be fun.

Have to dig out my boots now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Dante

I played in Tolka Park a few years ago even though Shels arn't my team but still....I still don't think it was as good as Gannon Park in Malahide! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Played In Turners Cross. Turners Cross is/was used for a lot of School Boy Finals in Cork.

It was brilliant to play on such a surface - like a snooker table to young fella anyway!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Seaneh wrote: »
    Athlone (and especially the grounds man) are very protective of ther surface and have always been known to have the best surface in the league, especially since the move to Lissywollen.
    Think yous might have some competition, given that the pitch at Tallaght stadium has had about 9 years to bed in before use ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Terryland park has a pretty good surface won the award for the best kept pitch two years running(ok i could be wrong but i'm sure i read that somewhere)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

But isnt that like, fake grass?.

It wasn't fake 16 or 17 years ago :)

G'wan the town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Played in Dalymount, Turners Cross and the Brandywell back in the day. Also got to take penos in Dalymount during a few half times in the mid nineties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Also played in Oriel Park and Tolka Park when I was younger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Never played on any pitch, put I did have a kick about down in the RSC and I stood in the spot Davey Rogers scored his screamer against Hajuk Split for us in Tolka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I played in Terryland twice. It is a decent pitch but has a long way to go to be considered one of the best in Ireland :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Did somone not say a while ago here that the Nou Camp can be rented for quite a resonable fee? (affordably reasonably).

Might have trouble getting 100,000 mates along to fill it though.:)

Advertisement