Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spinning Classes - Various Gyms

Options
  • 17-02-2009 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm just curious. Is there anyone here that does spinning classes in gyms in Limerick. I'm a member of a certain gym in Limerick and the way they determine who attends the spinning class due to limited numbers is that you have to bring a bike into the hall area from outside. So if a bike is in the hall the bike is taken. However this allows the whole thing to be totally abused. People are bringing in up to 6 bikes for there friends and the friends are just turning up at the calss time. It's got so bad that you have to be at the gym an hour before hand to get a bike for a 45 minute class! People have complained but have been told they are being childish as the staff sided with the people who are abusing the system. There solution is to add another class before hand but I'm unsure if this will work as the bikes are already in the hall so how do they determine who is in the next class. I don't really think they thought the whole thing through.

Anyways does anyone else here do spinning classes and if so where and how do they determine who attends the class. I'm looking for a place where it's done fairly...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

jjb's do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

The UL do too I think

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Spinning in UL Tues & Thurs morning at 07:15.

I think there are one or 2 evening classes as well.

Ring the arena to check for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Spinning in UL Tues & Thurs morning at 07:15.

I think there are one or 2 evening classes as well.

Ring the arena to check for sure

Timetable for UL:
    Monday - 6.15pm, Tuesday - 7.15am, 10.30am, Wed - 1.05pm, 6.15pm and 8.15pm, Thurs - 7.15am, 5.30pm and 7.30pm

Timetable JJBs:
    Monday - 6.30am, 1.10pm and 6pm, Tue - 6.15pm, Wed - same as monday, Thu - same as tuesday, Fri - same as wed and mon

!! bear in mind JJB is members only, UL can be done pay as you go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

Thanks for the info!

• Advertisement
Advertisement