Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curry/PCWorld

Options
  • 17-02-2009 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have read some dreadful posts in the past on buying a laptop with currys/pcworld as there are serious quality issues. I have vouchers for Currys which I was going to use to purchase one but am really nervous now.
    I wondered if I bought an item to the value of my vouchers and returned it within the 7 day policy am I entitled to a cash refund or will I only be refunded via voucher as that was form of payment.
    If I got a cash refund I could purchase in a more reputable store.
    Any advice folks.......... please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Just buy from Dell. They are dead cheap now and way better quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It's their choice. I'd be amazed if you got a cash refund though. You'd more likely be offered a credit note.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Anytime I've bought goods on a gift card I've been told to retain the card in case I want to return the item.

In any case, you won't be 'entitled' to anything if you buy something and just bring it back - unless it's actually faulty, the store's under no obligation to refund you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How much vouchers do you have? Are we talking €800, €1000, or just €200? Well meaning relatives can do stupid things, eh? If it's a decent sum of money, look into the reviews of the laptops they do, and pick the best one. If it's only €200 or so, look into getting an accessory.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

consie wrote: »
    I have read some dreadful posts in the past on buying a laptop with currys/pcworld as there are serious quality issues. I have vouchers for Currys which I was going to use to purchase one but am really nervous now.
    I wondered if I bought an item to the value of my vouchers and returned it within the 7 day policy am I entitled to a cash refund or will I only be refunded via voucher as that was form of payment.
    If I got a cash refund I could purchase in a more reputable store.
    Any advice folks.......... please

Don't quite get the "quality issues" point. Fair enough you may have heard some bad reports about after-sales but I'm sure there's stories for every retailer that could send shivers down your spine... but surely the product is the same. A Sony laptop in PC World is the same as a Sony laptop in Power City...

• Advertisement
Advertisement