Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sciphone i68+

Options
  • 17-02-2009 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi i have just bought an sciphone i68+ and cant make phone calls i have put my old meteor sim card in but it wont work,also tried vodafone and same response, can any one help please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

sounds like its network locked to the network it was bought under, whoever or wherever that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

darkoo wrote: »
    Hi i have just bought an sciphone i68+ and cant make phone calls i have put my old meteor sim card in but it wont work,also tried vodafone and same response, can any one help please.
    Have you tried contacting the shop you bought it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Random wrote: »
    Have you tried contacting the shop you bought it from?

These SciPhones are Chinese knock-off copies of iphones. Expect the country to be flooded with them over the next few months. The default settings are for Chinese, Taiwanese and Indian ISPs. Going back to the white transit van you bought it from could be problematic ;-)
    I have one and can't get the www to work on it, I'm on Vodafone bill pay. I've entered all the settings from the vodafone website and deleted all the Chinese ones etc but it still won't work, and even in the Vodafone stores thay can't get it to work. Beyond that, it's an unremarkable phone in terms of functionality, but it looks cool I suppose.

JC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

These iClones have been available for a few years now and almost everybody posting about them has issues either using basic services, e.g. voice calls, sms, or Internet connectivity.

The best advice for anyone considering buying one is this... don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

i have bought one :) and i was able to make phone calls with o2 and meteor chip..though sent it back :D it was rubbish :D the fella even returned the postage fee's :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Maria88

I had one of these too, had it for about one week and have stopped using it, battery was crap and couldn't use internet. Just wondering, how much did you guys pay for it?

I got mine in return for some work done - new in the box with all the extras etc, but they can be had for about 80 yoyos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

they look good in the picture but the touch screen sensitivity is rubbish and the interface and quality of the phone is rubbish...think i got mine around 90 quid on ebay...sent it back after a week and got a refund

I tried the help on the Asian Fones Forum. I got a PM from a guy who said what you do is ring your phone provider (eg Vodafone) and ask for the settings for a Nokia 6200 classic to be sent to your phone over the air. Apparently the settings are the same, and your i68 might then get the www. I'll try it, but if anyone else has any better luck getting web on one of these I'd love to hear how you did it.:rolleyes:

JC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

JCJCJC wrote: »
    I tried the help on the Asian Fones Forum. I got a PM from a guy who said what you do is ring your phone provider (eg Vodafone) and ask for the settings for a Nokia 6200 classic to be sent to your phone over the air. Apparently the settings are the same, and your i68 might then get the www. I'll try it, but if anyone else has any better luck getting web on one of these I'd love to hear how you did it.:rolleyes:

JC

any luck with this?
    the 6200 settings dont work for me and my I68 in terms of internet connection

• Advertisement

No luck - I've thrown it away long ago. Those Sciphones are a POS, bad Chinese knock-offs. They are ok for novelty value and they look the business, but don't pay over 100 for one, forty or fifty is loads. They consume their battery in about four hours.
    When I took mine into a Vodafone shop, they didn't know it wasn't a genuine Apple product - so much for expertise. I don't think thay can be configured to use the www.

JC

ya ... i paid 45 euro for it.
    but im thinking about sending it back before the return policy date is up.
    i'll spend the rest of today trying to get it to work www and give up then.

thanks.

alibabba wrote: »
    ya ... i paid 45 euro for it.
    but im thinking about sending it back before the return policy date is up.
    i'll spend the rest of today trying to get it to work www and give up then.

thanks.

If you have a return facility use it now, don't even charge the battery. Use your 45 yoyos to buy something better. Adverts.ie is full of 'unwanted gift' phones since Xmas, and nobody pays the asking money on that site, should be easy enough to pick up something that will work.

Downloaded Nokia 2610 settings and its working !

alibabba wrote: »
    Downloaded Nokia 2610 settings and its working !

Wow. Fair dues to you. JC

Advertisement