Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing provider, new modem arrived yesterday but cant access internet from it

Options
  • 17-02-2009 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all,

Apologies for the "blondeness" of this query:)

We are in the process of moving from Imagine back to Eircom having requested this move on 3rd Feb. The new modem arrived yesterday from Eircom and I'm wondering if I can use this new one instead of the existing modem as it is wireless so kids can use their laptops around the house straight away.

In other words, can I use the new Eircom modem before being fully transferred to them??

TIA
    Denise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I'm on BT and I alternate between my VT Voyager modem and my Eircom Netopia modem from time to time - dont see why it shouldnt work. You wont break anything, give it a try.

I would recommend plugging the PC into it directly at first before trying the wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 36 denmcn

Thanks Homer911,

I just got a call from DS1 who's at home on midterm to say that he has it up and running and both laptops are working wirelessly too...what can I say, should have left it to the younger generation from the off :D

D

Advertisement