Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MERCEDES BENZ 220SEb FINTAIL AUTOMATIC BLACK 1963 on ebay just finishing!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yeah its a nice car, good value at that. This is the second time it didn't sell !

Fintail sedans are quite rare as folk tend to keep/maintain/restore the Coupes but leave the sedans.

The 220SE IMO is the nicest Fintail, great fuel injected engine and the standard steel suspension.

I love the whole "Cold War" image these cars have.

Not sure I'd buy one from eBay withjout seeing it, despite appearances and receipts to the contrary these cars can hide a lot of rust !

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Borgman100

good advice mercmad.

Didn't realise it hadn't sold previously either. On the face of it looked good value, and I do like the whole 'cold war' look as you call it.

He wants 7k bottom line and reckoned he had 98 poeple watching the listing, so suprised it didn't sell, will be interesting to see if it comes back up again, and at what price.

Thanks again for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Wembleymuseum

Hi guys, just to confrim that it will not be going on e-Bay again........ i bought it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Good man - Well done! Where will she be based?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Borgman100

GReat looking car and a good buy I'm sure...is it as good as it looked and read in the description?

Will it be based in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Hi guys, just to confrim that it will not be going on e-Bay again........ i bought it

.........well done. Would love to see some more pictures of it. I have a Coupe and just love these cars, love everything about them !

Enjoy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Well done and welcome to boards :)

+1 on the pics please :D

Thanks Guys!! She will be looked after don't worry!! She is a beauty, so much work done to such a high standard.
    She will be based in North London and will try to take her to a few shows during the Summer months, will keep you all posted....

I will take that back guys....... I have been gazzumped at the last hurdle..... GUTTED!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

Sorry to hear that....the very same thing happened me on another car before Christmas. At the time I was gutted as I had followed it all week and I was sure that I had it.
    A couple of days later,in the clear light of day I realised that I had got caught up in the whole frenzy auction thing and that indeed I would have paid too much for it. The Vendor contacted me a week later to say that the original "buyer" had not turned up for the car,. and he offered it to me at £100 more than the original "winning" bid. I offered him my original high bid saying that i would collect the car in a few days. I never heard from him again--I tried to contact him saying that I had spoken and wasted more time with him all that week before it ended,and the least he owed me was a reply--never got it. I recon that somebody was pumping the price.

• Advertisement

I will take that back guys....... I have been gazzumped at the last hurdle..... GUTTED!

.....................Jeeeeeeeeez sorry to hear that !!

Advertisement