Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Beast Roaming in Kerry

Options
  • 17-02-2009 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Any sightings fell free to post them here

per Kingdom frontpage today: He is described as being black in colour, 6-foot long with a short head and moves through the countryside at great speed. A witness described him as being "a black, wild animal ... very long of a lion-type, approaching 6-feet with a shortish tail ... and says he is roaming the Brida Valley in the McGillycuddy Reeks".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

kerry4sam wrote: »
    per Kingdom frontpage today: He is described as being black in colour, 6-foot long with a short head and moves through the countryside at great speed. A witness described him as being "a black, wild animal ... very long of a lion-type, approaching 6-feet with a shortish tail

Man smoking too much wacky backy IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Jackie Healy-Rae?

dceire wrote: »
    Jackie Healy-Rae?
    Never thought of him :eek:

a Kerry cow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

:) maybe I should have posted also that the witness claims the wild beast killed 3 of his sheep ... so do you still think that Jackie Healy Rae or a Kerry cow could still be in the running :rolleyes:

:) .. so do you still think that Jackie Healy Rae :rolleyes:

One of the sons
    the one with the beard :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

:) maybe I should have posted also that the witness claims the wild beast killed 3 of his sheep ... so do you still think that Jackie Healy Rae or a Kerry cow could still be in the running :rolleyes:

Definitely :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 FebruaryTourist

A group of 15 of us were visitors to your beautiful country in February. All week long we searched in vain for the Beast. We think we may have seen him coming out of Mike's Takeaway in Killarney in the early morning hours after our last Saturday night pub crawl. He was 6 feet tall and had a black coat like the description. Instead of eating raw sheep meat, he was munching on fish and chips. The fact that he was standing upright and moving very slowly also leaves us unsure whether or not it was the real Beast. We can not say for sure whether or not he had a short tail because his coat could have been obscuring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

This reminds me of that classic father Ted episode. :P
    This could be a rumour set about by some rogue farmer out to sabatogue some prize animal contest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Priceless episode of Ted.

Funny how their has been no sightings since from any other farmer, but going on the posts above on what people think the beast actually was, then it's travelling the country every week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Any sightings fell free to post them here

per Kingdom frontpage today: He is described as being black in colour, 6-foot long with a short head and moves through the countryside at great speed. A witness described him as being "a black, wild animal ... very long of a lion-type, approaching 6-feet with a shortish tail ... and says he is roaming the Brida Valley in the McGillycuddy Reeks".

Black, six foot tall and moving through the countryside at great speed... Sounds like Usaine Bolt tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Beeney45

Don't think there was any 6 foot cat-like creature involved, but I got a fright last week while walking in the Black Valley (very nearby). While walking past a hedge I heard a noise of something moving, followed by a hiss, which frightened the life out of me. I really did actually think it was some kind of big cat, as it sounded cat-like, but I reckon whatever it was was MUCH smaller than the story in this thread. Still, it made me wonder if there were any bobcats loose, maybe escaped from a wildlife park or something. Would be interested to know if anyone else ever heard anything like that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

creature-from-the-black-lagoon-high-resolution-photo-life-magazine-x425.jpg

That looks familiar!!!! Yes, I think you got it. Just need to hear it hiss to be sure!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

They made up some baloney like this before that there was a Loch Ness like monster in the Killarney lakes!

I'm sure they did! Indeed, maybe it was a leprechaun, but something hissed at me from the hedge. Hmm, I wonder do leprechaun's hiss. Anyone know?;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Beeney45 wrote: »
    I'm sure they did! Indeed, maybe it was a leprechaun, but something hissed at me from the hedge. Hmm, I wonder do leprechaun's hiss. Anyone know?;)

Its probably some poor sod escaped out of the Mental over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

maybe its that panther that everyone was seeing in Monaghan a few years back. took him long enough to get there though.

I'll keep an eye on the News for escaped mental panthers so, lol! Meanwhile I'd stay out of the Black Valley if I was you. Even the name says it all .....!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

About a week ago back Kerry Head me and a few friends saw this thing bold across the road. It was leiterally the length of the road, and it moved so fast I thought it was headlights off a car or something, as it seemed to be a brightly coloured oval.. My friends also saw it, saying it was like a giant wolf or something, because they saw an oval with legs and arms.
    We promptly shat ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

It's Paul Galvin ....

Advertisement