Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bowling alley in Drogheda

Options
  • 17-02-2009 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Me and my mates have been going bowling alot in Drogheda recently. At first we always went to the Leisureplex, well basically because it was so damn cheap and it served alcohol. But now that we have slide towards funtasia, which is ridicolus seeing as it is well over twice the price of the other place, but does seem to have the benefits of better balls and lanes, in our amateur opinion anyway, also better amusements and other preety things to look at (if you get what I mean:rolleyes:).

Anyone here been to either bowling alley, whats your opnions of them?

MODS: Feel free to move this to North East forumn, if you consider this more of a regional thing than bowling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Haven't been to either to be honest. I much prefer wooden lanes to synthetic lanes, always have. What are the lanes like in both centres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

They're both syntethic. Funtasia is a nice spot in drogheda. The only thing I find is that the lanes are conditioned for open bowling. I am in the process of discussing a one off competition in the North East in one of the Bowling Centers. Thing is its not easy convincing them that its worth there while...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BowlingLad

Would a town such as drogheda have the business for 2 allleys? Are they both doing well, the lplex is fairly pricey!

I'm sure like most places they could be doing better.

I'm sure like most places they could be doing better. I was in Funtasia Drogheda on Saturday and it was busy. Pity that no leagues have ever started up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Clooney George

Haven't been to either to be sincere. I much desire wood made roads to artificial roads, always have. What are the roads like in both centres?
    http://www.mphenterprises.co.uk/Bespoke_merchandise.html

Advertisement