Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roman Moser Power Silk

Options
  • 17-02-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Does anyone know where i might pick up a few spools of this stuff in ireland?
    I really think its the business as its virtually unbreakable thread for fly tying!

I've already made an order to the UK and left it out!!:mad: I don't want to have to re-order from the UK when the P&P is about the same as a spools worth!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 riverbum

not looking good premiercad, I was keeping an eye on this post as I use same myself. Its a shame we can't be more competitive here but unfortunately that's reality. We just have to go abroad for our stuff not only because of price but also for the range that's offered.
    I presume you know you can buy direct from Roman!?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

Seems that way Riverbum. At least the Sterling is at near parity at the mo.
    I think I'll get by with the uni for the time being. Need to get the "touch" back for tying anyways! :) I find it v.handy for tying multi material flies where two turns to lock down a material is all you can afford without bulking up! Ive started tying some czech nymphs with a view to fishing them this year for the first time. Anyone else fish them on the rivers?

(prob need a new thread for this):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 riverbum

Go ahead and start one, could be interesting .
    As for this thread, have you tried "Danvilles' Spiderweb" for your delicate stuff, "Hans Van Klinken" uses it on his Klinkhammer for tying the parachute onto the wing post. It's extremely thin and strong, readily available in most of the uk outlets. Google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 OREILLYSFISHING

I came across this thread on the web and if it is any help I stock powersilk and have no postal charges to Ireland.You can have a look
    at www.oreillysfishing.co.uk.

Hope this helps
    Hugh

Advertisement