Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speedy Help Please!

Options
  • 17-02-2009 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Just discovered as I was on my way to the chemist that I've lost my pill prescription. On my 7 day break at the moment, back on it on Friday. Thing is the only time I have to get a new one are the next hour before I head into work, and tomorrow evening after work. I'm going on a little holiday to London on Thursday morning so that's the deadline.

Anyone any ideas what to do? Can't get to my home GP before the deadline. I'm living in Dublin city centre if anyone knows any docs that have evening time appointments to get a new prescription?

I know this may be a stupid question, but can you buy the pill over the counter in England or is it just the morning after pill?

This situation is not being helped by my many angry hormones bashing around! Arg!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Phone your GP. They may be able to fax a prescription to a pharmacy for you to save the hassle of having to find another GP to see...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You've the well woman and IFPA Clinics in Dublin city centre who should be able to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭CeilingCat

If it's any help, I lost a prescription once so I phoned my GP, who phoned the pharmacy near me and cleared it with them to let me buy a months supply of the pill with the promise that I'd drop in the prescription as soon as I could. They just needed contact details to put into their system.

When I lived in London, I had to register with an NHS centre and they wouldn't give me a prescription until my application was processed despite the fact that I needed it for that week, so I ended up not getting it until they got in touch with me almost a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Yeah, either get on to your GP or make an appointment with the IFPA, their clinic is on Cathal Brugha Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

If youre really stuck you can get an emergency prescription but you have to give your doctors name and address.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

A problem with my hormones is that I tend to get in a panic quite quickly. I went to the chemist, explained the problem and they gave me a months supply. They were really nice, helpful and lovely!

Thanks for the advice ladies, I'll bookmark this for the next time I throw my prescription out with all the receipts in the bottom of my handbag :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I go to the same Pharmacy all the time and on the odd occasion I've lost / forgotten to get a new prescription they sort me out with a month's supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I go to the same Pharmacy all the time and on the odd occasion I've lost / forgotten to get a new prescription they sort me out with a month's supply.

+1

If you use the same chemist regularly theyd probably have a record & might give you one month. or do you have an old packet with your name etc on it you could bring in? my chemist has given it to me before in this situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

See above girls, already done! :) Thanks again!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hee hee, sorry. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

this always happens to me... if you go in to your usual chemist and ask for an emergancy supply.. generally they ask you how many you want and there is no problems.

or ring your docter, im sure they would hav a fax machine to accomadate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I love my chemist, i get my 6 month repeat from the doc go to them and hand it over and then keep it for me. Just pop in and pick it up... if i remember, i have a very dodgie memory sometimes!

Advertisement