Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Supplier Issue. Anyone Know about this?

Options
  • 17-02-2009 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

So I have a voucher for the Sony Centre in Sligo since Xmas. Wanted to get an ebook but were told they were all sold out (Xmas time - no surprise there). Was told they would be getting them back in january but have been back numerous times since then to be told they still aren't available due to backlog of orders.

Eventually today the salesman told me the reason they haven't got them in is because Sony supplier are messing them around with orders, prices etc so they are refusing to get anything off them.

Does this make any sense being that they are a Sony shop. I think they are owned by one of the other electrical shops in Sligo but surely if they only supply Sony products it can't be right. Shop was looking a bit empty alright. Anyone hear anything similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

As far as I know some of the Sony Centres are franchises or independent agents for Sony .. not Sony themselves.

As for having a problem with the supplier / distributor, it could be anything, more than likely a credit or payment problem and the distributor is withholding orders pending payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

As far as I am aware Peats have a connection with the Sony Centers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Peats own the Dublin City Centre stores. Somebody else runs the stores in the shopping centres out of town.

Advertisement