Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entenmanns Chocolate Fudge Cake

• 17-02-2009 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if this is still available anywhere in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

That thing weighed a tonne. If you ate one slab of it, your body-mass doubled :p

That said, i haven't seen them around for years. I have just found this article, however, and it appears that the company which previously sold them went bust back in 2003:

http://www.tribune.ie/archive/article/2003/oct/26/a-sticky-end-to-hibernia/

:(

Hibernia (the company mentioned) apparently bought the Entenmann's franchise (see 7th last paragraph).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

It doesn't feel like 5 years.. I used to admire those cakes in Tesco's, down by the entrance of the Baggot Street branch, big chocolate slabs..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Can't even find them on ebay :(

Fond memories indeed... ...I remember seeing at a guy dip into one with a small spoon once, on one late Friday evening in DIT Kevin Street's canteen. that must have been way back in 2001, and he finished the entire thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Kevster wrote: »
    That thing weighed a tonne.
    You could see little moons orbiting them!

Savage stuff with ice cold milk. The only thing close you get now is those chocolate fudge type cakes, the ones done in those long loaf tins that come in clear containers and are in the fridges in supermarkets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Tesco and M&S have stepped up to the plate though, when it comes to piggish gluttony, their own brand range have a lot of gooey cakes.

(might accidentally pop into M&S on the way home..)

rubadub wrote: »
    You could see little moons orbiting them!

Savage stuff with ice cold milk. The only thing close you get now is those chocolate fudge type cakes, the ones done in those long loaf tins that come in clear containers and are in the fridges in supermarkets.

Holy crap - yeh - I used to always enjoy a nice pint of chilled milk whenever i was gorging on sweets and chocolate. That was when I was a young lad though (*sniff* *sniff* ... ...:(). If I ate that stuff now it'd probably stay lodged in my gut for the rest of eternity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

I loved their carrot cake. Was in the U.S. a while ago, but saw no sign of Entemans anywhere. Used to be a huge selection there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I loved their carrot cake. Was in the U.S. a while ago, but saw no sign of Entemans anywhere. Used to be a huge selection there.

Yeah loved their carrot cake aswell!! The spar up the road from me used to have an Entenmanns stand, its a few years back now but can't understand why they were discontinued:confused: For me , they were the best!!! Heaven in yer mouth:D

Advertisement