Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE DOG WALKS!

Options
  • 17-02-2009 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I am running a free dog walking service in the inner city area. It's for a community arts project I'm doing for college. We're looking at different ways people in the city can connect with eachother and I think a great way of doing that is through pets. (They're an almost universal interest!) So I am trying and meet pet owners in the city centre at the moment. I have good experience handling dogs as I've had two who lived to very old ages, walk the dogs at the pound once a week, and also volunteer at the Dogs Aid shelter in finglas.

Is there anyone (or anyone who knows someone) who might be interested in having their dog walked during the day? Or if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me! (neemo3000ATyahoo.co.uk)

I am in college on Thomas st during the week, (excet on fridays when I walk the dogs at the pound), so I can only really cater for people living in the inner city/ the Phibsboro/Glasnevin/Drumcondra area where I live.

3287843134_c2e7d58829.jpg?v=0

I also do nice pet portraiture!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 neemo3000

if anyone has any ideas to help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Maggie.23

Hi Neemo,
    I think your starting point, ie. that people can connect with each other through pets, is a great idea for your project.
    Is the aim of your project for you to connect with people, or for people to connect with each other? If it is the first, then I can see where you are going with the dog walking. If it is the second, how will this service achieve your aim of encouraging people to connect? - Maybe it would help to think along the lines of something more group oriented?
    I think if you describe your aims more clearly it will be easier to gain ideas.
    Nice portraits!
    Maggie

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RaeRae

That's a cool idea. Have you tried sticking up some posters around the flats behind vicar st etc.

What year are ya in?

Advertisement